Not a Prank

This year may not be the best year ever. Maybe that will be sixth year. I did get back into the good graces of my professors, but with consequences. I've not hung out with my friends in awhile. Also, my family isn't too happy with me. I've missed a few too many quidditch matches and now James won't speak with me.

Somehow it's gotten to Hallowe'en. I'll finally be able to let loose a bit and have a good time at the feast. The great hall has been decorated with pumpkins, spiderwebs, and all things spooky. The ghosts have been quite active today with various scares and such.

Today, I'll be taking the time to hang out with my friends and no stress about school. Currently the girls and I are sitting in the Great Hall. Then of course, the boys come to ruin it.

Scorpius, Albus, and Fred all swagger up to us like they are awkward and inexperienced pageant girls. Let me tell you, it's not a pretty site.

"Hello, ladies," Fred says to us. I think we all rolled our eyes in sync as a response.

"What the bloody hell do we have to do for a day away from you boys?" I say to the group. They're stood in the weirdest positioning. Why are they stood like that they just look ridiculous? Maybe they're trying to emulate a failed boy band, because if so they are doing quite brilliantly.

"Oh little Rosie, nothing can keep me from my favorite cousin! Actually that's James. Nothing can keep me from my favorite female cousin!" Fred tells me. How endearing.

"Whatever. What is it?" I ask.

The group looks very offended, "This is disrespect if I have ever seen it. So you see, our problem is James. You really have messed him up. He's not over you not coming to the matches and it's thrown off his whole life. He can't play. He can't do any sort of spell. He can't have fun."

"And you're blaming me? You can't really think I'm the problem. Why don't you check with Mari because most likely they're going through something. James gets like that when they are," I suggest to the boys. They all now look like they've had this revelation of some sort. A little credit would be nice. The group scurries off and lets us get back to our chat.

"D'you really reckon they're going through something?" Wren asks openly to the group.

"Well, it surely is possibly," I respond. I look around. Kaia and Alice look at each other as if they're silently communicating. That's my thing with Alice.

"Okay we aren't supposed to say anything so you didn't hear it from us," Alice begins. She looks at us and we all nod. Everyone is leaning in to hear her hushed voice.

"Mari recently got really close with a Ravenclaw named Elias Finn. He is really hot but typically quite closed off. James got totally jealous of them, but Mari assured him they were just friends. James started flirting with Amalie Adams to get back at Mari or whatever," Alice tells.

"Amalie! She's in our year!" Holly interrupts

"Yeah because anyone older would know better than to mess with Mari's man. Anyways, the two got in a pretty heated fight in a corridor in the middle of lunch but we were walking about and heard it," Kaia continues the story. This is so juicy.

"They were both screaming a lot and I'm pretty sure Mari was crying. She said that being like this was torture and she was done with him and everything at the end. James punched a wall and I'm not sure but I think he broke it. Thank Merlin for Madam Pomfrey," Alice finishes the story. Too bad Madam Pomfrey can't fix their relationship. They've never fought like this, at this level of intensity, before.

I can't believe they're actually fighting. And this bad. I get up from the table and walk out of the Dining Hall. James needs a little talk with me. He won't be in his room, instead he is most likely out on the pitch.