We Hate Each Other

"Just because we snogged in a classroom once doesn't mean there's anything between us! You are better than this, Rose," I tell myself in the mirror of the Gryffindor bathroom.

I take a deep breath and walk out into the common room. Everyone is there. My whole family is hanging out in the bathroom and probably heard that I snogged someone in a classroom. No, they couldn't hear. They are a pretty loud bunch.

It's Fred, James, Roxanne, Lucy, Lily, Hugo, Kaia, Alice, and Holly. Most of the Weasley's and friends in Gryffindor.

"Oh, good. Hey Rose!" Holly welcomes me. I sit down and chat with my family. We're all just hanging out when we hear the Fat Lady wailing about. Everyone looks at each other in confusion.

We all go out of the common room to find two Slytherin boys, sitting outside with annoyed looks cast upon their faces. Both of them snap up to look at us.

"Oh thank Merlin!" Albus exclaims. "We just wanted to see you guys, but us being Slytherin's made the Fat Lady freak out."

The lot of us laughed and stepped out of the common room. We decided to go to the room of requirement to hangout. I let my pace slow down as I got lost in my own head. I fell to the back of the group. There wasn't anything in particular on my mind, I just kind of zoned out. The thing to bring me out of my daze was a hand attempt to intertwine it's finger with mine.

I yank my hand away and look up to meet eyes with Scorpius. My eyes narrow into a glare at his sparkling grey-blue eyes. They seem to always have a hint of mischief in them.

"We hate each other, remember?" I say to him, still holding my hand close to my chest. He smirks at me and runs his hand through his hair. It looks particularly soft yet messy today. He probably showered today.

"Oh of course. But when can I not hate you again?" Scorpius whispers in my ear. The hairs on the back of my neck jolt up. My whole body gets a shiver.

No. This can't happen.

"Scorpius. We talked about this. That will not happen again," I remind him. He's old enough to know.

He rolls his eyes and scoffs, "No, darling, you talked about it."

As we continue to walk a little further back from the group, I check to make sure nobody has noticed. They haven't. I redirect my attention back to Scorpius. He's already looking at me.

"We hate each other," I state again frankly and look away.

"Yes," he replies quietly. "But you didn't hate snogging me, and I know that's true."

The group is coming up on the Room of Requirement soon so I whisper to Scorpius, "Same place, tomorrow at 10."

I walk hurriedly to catch back up with Alice and finally get a good breath. When she asks where I came from, I shrug. This makes her turn over her shoulder curiously. I'm sure what she saw was a tall, blonde boy swaggering in the back of the group with a smug look on his face. When she turns back to me she looks confused, shocked, and intrigued. I wave it off and keep walking.

This isn't something I can even bother to attempt to explain right now.

veryyy short! probably the shortest chapter! sorry! but writing about them hanging out? boring.