Mischief at The Manor

It's the day before New Year's, and I'm reading a letter from Scorpius at my desk. He apologized for pushing me and walking out like he did. Down in the letter he asks me to come over today. He wants me to meet his family. The end of the letter reads:

If you don't want to come to the party, that is completely fine with me. However, I would really love for you to meet my family. You can see all the decorations and we can have our own party. If you would like to, you can come to the manor today at 10 and see what my life is like. If not, I will see you when we return to Hogwarts.

Best Regards,
Scorpius

As I read the end on the letter I freeze. I do want to see what his life is like. Does he have a painted portrait of him and his father in the entrance? Do they have antique dishes they use on a regular basis? What does his room look like? I look at the time, it's 9:45. Fifteen minutes. If I go, I only have fifteen minutes to prepare myself.

I quickly decide that I should go. No matter how much the idea terrifies me, I would have to do it eventually.

What should I wear? I don't want his family to think I'm a whore. Or that I have no sense in clothing.

I decide on a white turtle neck under a slate blue button down. For bottoms I go with looser straight black jeans and a belt to tie it all together. I slip on black booties and run out of my room.

"Mum, how do I look?"

She looks me up and down, "Aw, Darling, you look very cute. But you should fix your hair."

I look in the reflection of a spoon and see that my hair is a mess. All fluffy and unkept. My eyes go wide and I bolt off to the bathroom. I dampen it and put some product on and comb it all out. I run back to my mum.

"Better?"

"Better. Where are you going?" She asks over a copy of The Daily Prophet.

Oops. I guess asking permission slipped my mind. She won't care, will she? She'll understand that this is really big for me, right? And hopefully won't freak out?

"Uhm, the Malfoy Manor. Scorp wants me to meet his family," my mum drops the newspaper in her lap. Her shocked face turns in a smile. She gives me a little wink and shoos me off. Thank Merlin.

I check the clock, 2 minutes. Bloody hell, I'm nervous. What if his grandparents terrorize me? How do I greet them? A handshake? Should I bow? No, that's too much. How awkward can it be? Actually, very.

I exit the fireplace and step out onto black wooden floors. A bit of ash gets in my lungs, causing me to cough. Scorpius is waiting for me. He wears a black crew neck with dark green plaid pants. Handsome. He greets me with a hug, a rather long one. I take this time to look around. There is art displayed everywhere. Paintings, sculptures, a grand piano. The architecture is insanely detailed. This room must be their dining hall.

This is the room where my mother was tortured.

I hug Scorp a little tighter. I have to remember that the past is in the past. Nobody can change it, but I can change how we proceed.

"Come on," Scorpius says excitedly. He grabs my hand and leads me into another room. First though, we walk through a dark hallway with many doors. At the end is the light. We enter a huge white room. It's grand. Everything is so bright, a great contrast from the rest of the house that I've seen. There's a huge balcony that I see his family on. They all walk down once we enter.