Never Say Never

Alice grabs my arm and pulls me out of the Gryffindor common room. She has a ridiculous smile on her face and seems to have been up for awhile. I had just gotten up and barely gotten ready after she shook me awake. The clock reads 6:47 am. Why are we up this early?

After asking Alice that very question, I find out that apparently today is the day for dress shopping. Even though we still have about a month and a half until the ball, Alice decided that it's now or never to buy dresses.

"Okay so after we find our dresses, we need to pick out accessories. Also, we need to find you a date," Alice tells me as we walk through the empty halls. Alice is going with Albus, of course. Kaia is going with some popular guy from Ravenclaw. He's captain of their quidditch team, a 7th year, and quite attractive. His name is Aiden Velario. Holly and Wren are both going with some Hufflepuffs that aren't the cutest, but are so sweet and funny. They're best friends and are named Isaac Wright and Preston Dale. I have no date. I'll probably just go solo anyways.

"Where are the other girls?" I ask Alice.

"Waiting outside for you. We've all been up for awhile!" She tells me. I don't understand how people can wake up so early. I need sleep.

Once we get outside, I see all my friends waiting for me. We all turn to go to Hogsmeade. Oh boy. I'm too tired for this.

We get into a shop and Alice immediately sees something she likes, "Rose! You have to try this one on!"

It's a navy blue gown that is a mermaid cut and high neck. Alice isn't wrong in thinking it's absolutely gorgeous. I roll my eyes and pick it up off the rack. All the other girls basically know what they want. But me, I'm just a mess.

Holly wants a red dress still, Wren decided she wants a grey/silver dress, Kaia wants a white dress, and Alice wants a baby blue dress. Wren originally wanted light blue but changed her mind after she found out some girl she hates from Ravenclaw is going in light blue. Again, I have no clue what I want.

We spread out in the shop and rake through the dresses. I don't really see anything that catches my eye so I hold about 15 dresses for Alice. She pulls just about every baby blue dress she can find. She also pulls a couple dresses for me that she thinks I'll absolutely love. However, I'm not so sure.

"Okay, I think that's quite enough," Alice states as she places one more in my hands. I breath out a sigh of relief.

"For now," she finishes.

I don't see how she can possibly try all of these on, but I know she will. We head back to the fitting rooms and see the other girls. All three of them have dresses on already.

"Wow, Rosie. I love all of your options," Holly teases. I roll my eyes and hang up all of the dresses in a room for Alice. I take the few she picked for me and put them in a separate room.

"You all look lovely," I compliment the girls.

"This colors not right," Holly says.

"I hate the neckline on mine," Kaia states.

"The skirt is too floofy," Wren complains with a look of disgust on her face.

Well then.

We all go into our rooms and switch into different dresses. I'm wearing the navy one Alice first chose. I hate it. I literally look like I was picked out of the bin. It just kind of fits strangely. I walk out anyways.

The reactions are negative. I'm not surprised. Nobody else is really in love with theirs either.

We change again and now I'm in light pink. It has a lot of sparkles at the top. Too many, if you ask me. The color also isn't the best with my hair.