A Night To Remember

All of the girls are in the dormitory, hustling to get ready. We all have on our beautiful and extravagant gowns. I'm shitting myself. Not literally of course. What if I'm not ready in time and then Scorpius thinks I've ditched him so he dances with some other girl?

The ball begins shortly. I'm so nervous. What will people think when I show up with Scorpius Malfoy as my date. Nobody would expect that. Hell, I didn't expect it.

"Rose! Can I borrow your little silver earrings that I adore? I can't find the ones my mum sent me!" Holly asks and I say of course. I'm surprised she even had to ask. Holly seems very nervous today. She usually has her shit together.

Alice sprays some perfume on and turns to me, "Please let me fix your makeup."

I shrug and she sits me down. She keeps poking me with different brushes, I have no clue what any of them are for. Some are really big and fluffy, and some are more small and compact. She knows that I don't like makeup too heavy, but she keeps saying that it's the ball so it's special. I let her do her work.

15 minutes later, and I am transformed. My eyes look so enthralling. This is what I wanted when I said I wanted to go all out. I look beautiful. I hope that Scorpius likes it.

that's her makeup^ :) (i did it)

"Thank you, Alice! This is everything I wanted! Wow. I never thought this would be me," I tell her with a large breath. The other girls have already left. It's just me and Alice. I still need to put on my dress and jewelry. The ball starts in about five minutes. I don't want to keep Alice.

She helps me slip into my dress quickly and I tell her to go. I give her a hug before. She looks stunning. I hope her and Albus have a good night. They always have fun together.

Now I am alone. It seems that for the first time today, I can take a deep breath. I'm scared out of my mind.

Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy.

He is the sole reason that I cannot breathe. I've never gotten so nervous to see a boy. I feel sick to my stomach. I pull a bin next to me just incase. I stare in the mirror at myself.

I am Rose Hermione Granger-Weasley. I am beautiful inside and out. I am intelligent beyond belief. I am a strong woman. I am completely capable of anything I wish. I am blessed with amazing people in my life. I am going to be fine tonight. I am about to be the witch of teenage girls dreams.

I have to tell myself these things to ignore the overbearing feeling that I can't do this. I put on my jewelry and leave my dormitory. My pace picks up as I walk. Nobody else is in the halls right now. They're all either already at the ball or up in their dorms. I'm almost to where Scorpius said he would meet me. He said he would wait at the bottom of the stairs in front of the Great Hall. I feel my hands shake. My heart is racing.

I turn the corner at the top of the stairs, and I freeze. Scorpius is looking down, but he looks up at me. Our eyes meet. I'm caught up staring in his grey-blue eyes. They're shimmering. Unlike I have ever seen them.