The Burrow

We have been at the Burrow for one day and night, and it already seems like break should be over. I'm grateful it isn't. I look around the Burrow in search for some female company. Molly, Dominique, and Roxanne sat together in the living room. I decide I would go over and sit with them.

As soon as I sit down, Roxy asks, "Has your mum figured it out yet?"

I laugh, roll my eyes, and shake my head. Everyone knows of how genius my mother is. I'm confident, though, that I can keep this from her. I was raised by her.

"Has she figured what out yet?" Dominique asks with a puzzled grin. I forgot she doesn't know.

"Uh-," I begin.

Before I can come up with a good response, Molly whispers the news in her ear. Dominique's eyes widen as she listens. I can tell she is shocked, just like the rest of the world, it seems. Well, except Alice.

"That is so cute! Oh I remember when you two would bicker nonstop!" Dominique whispers excitedly.

"Don't worry, they still do," Molly lets out with a chuckle. She's not wrong. We both just have dominant personalities, so it's hard when one doesn't get their way.

My mum passes by suspiciously and we all shut up. I met her eyes and then immediately look down. Just as I said I was feeling confident, she makes me feel the opposite. I can't lie to her. She's too smart to be lied to. My eyes don't come back up until I know she's gone. It's like she already knows.

"So you're sure she doesn't know?" Roxy laughs as she asks again.

"Honestly not so sure now," I admit. I bury my head in my hands. I'm in deep shit with this one.

The sound of the door opening draws my attention away from the girls. Louis, Victoire, Teddy, James, Fred, Lily, and Lucy all come in from the cold. Teddy shuts the door quickly behind him to shut out the winter air. All the girls come over to where we are sitting, as the boys head upstairs.

After much begging from the rest of us, Vic shows off the diamond on her finger. We all gush about the wedding and their future.

"So who will be the next in the family to get married, you think?" Vic asks.

"100% James and Mari. I swear after they graduate they're going right into married life," Roxanne states. Some of us nod in agreement.

"Nah," Molly replies. "James was talking and said he's not ready to be a husband that young."

"But he can be a father?" Dominique questions.

"Well that wasn't quite planned," I say with a light chuckle. Even if he doesn't think it, we all know James could settle down with Mari at any moment. They are gonna have a good life. And that baby is gonna have some amazing parents.

"Now that Scorpius and Rose are together, I bet they'll move pretty quick," Molly states. I highly doubt that. Being married and having kids is a lot of responsibility and I don't think I want that anytime soon. Being married super young isn't in my interests.

To my surprise, the other girls agree with Molly. Maybe they don't really know me as well as I thought. Or maybe I don't know myself.

A few more days at the burrow pass before the fun truly starts. I open the door to let in a group of smiling girls and a gust of frosty air. Holly, Kaia, Alice, and Wren all shuffle in while shivering. They all receive large hugs from me while my mom is ranting about how lovely it is to see them all. My aunt Ginny gives them each cups of cocoa to warm up. We sit on the couches in the living room and chat.

"So are we ever going to unpack everything from the ball? That was an intense night," Kaia starts. I nervously look down at my crossed feet.

Holly clears her throat, "So, Wren and I are dating."

We all snap our heads up and stare at the pair with our mouths open. They smile and interlock hands. Alice always thought there was something between them. We knew after the ball they were into each other or maybe even hooking up, but nobody assumed they were official.

"How long?" Alice asks.

"Um, since the beginning of the school year. We started talking over summer, and then Wren asked me out on the first day."

"I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU AND YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! I WAS RIGHT!" Alice jumps off the couch with her finger pointed at me. I just laugh it off.

"Okay now that we told you guys about that, we want to hear about Scorpius. Rose?" Holly raises an eyebrow at me. I feel cornered. I wish Scorp were here, he makes me brave.

"Well, um, we've been, uh, sneaking around, I guess, for the past month or so. Mcgonagall put us together on a project and we ended up, um, making out in an empty classroom. And then we just kept seeing each other. Eventually he asked me to the ball, like a week before. I agreed and then, well you saw the rest. I like him, and he likes me. But I still don't know what we are," I explain to the group. I have to do it in a hushed tone, just in case my mum or aunt are snooping somewhere.

"You two are so cute together," Alice says with a sweet smile. "Another thing I was right about."

"I know I was going for him at the start of term, but I'm really happy for you two. He seems like a good match for you. If I couldn't have him, I'm glad he's going to somebody I like," Kaia tells me in a light tone. Still, I feel like she likes him. Too bad. He's mine.

I just laugh in response.

Footsteps approach coming down the stairs. I turn around to see who it is. Albus waves to the group, but his eyes stop on Alice and light up. He comes over and gives her a light peck.

"What brings you downstairs, cousin?" I question him.

Albus smirks and puts his hand on the doorknob. He opens it and says, "This."

My eyes go wide when I see my tall, blonde, idiot standing in the doorway. I look him up and down. He looks adorable, all bundled up for winter. I push myself up off the couch and run into his arms. He lifts me up when he grabs me. Like always, I breathe him in and he smells amazing.

He sets me down and I immediately question him, "What the hell are you doing here? You told me you didn't know your plans!"

"Rosie, I'm a man of many secrets," Scorp tells me as he struts into The Burrow. I roll my eyes at him. Before he's even here a minute, my family all comes to the door to greet him.

Aunt Ginny is already preparing him a cup of cocoa. Grandma Molly gives him the biggest hug and tells him how handsome he is. She comments about how the girls at school must be all over him. I look down to hide my blush and all the teens look over to me. Scorp laughs it off and shakes his head. Harry shakes his hand, my dad does the same, and my mom gives him a hug.

I feel very uncomfortable, so I go sit on the couch with the girls. Something hits me as I watch Scorpius be greeted by my family. We have to pretend we hate each other for the rest of his stay.

My mother is going to figure me out, I can just feel it.

hey guys!
sorry for the wait! but now I am feeling a lot better abt writing, so updates should come quicker! love you sm! thank you for the support!
xo reyne<3