Security

I breathe out heavily as Scorpius separates his face from mine. He slides one hand behind my neck and smirks before meeting my lips again. His kisses are so full of passion. They make me never want to stop kissing him. My back is slammed against the wall; I don't even feel any pain from the impact. Scorpius grinds his hips into me.

"Jump," Scorp whispers in between kisses. His hands move to the bottom of my thighs as I jump up. He doesn't break our kiss as he carries me to the bathroom countertop.

Once I'm sitting on the counter, Scorpius moves down to my lower neck. I can practically feel the hickeys forming. He finds my sweet spot, and I have to clap a hand over my mouth. My other hand is pulling on his hair.

The handle to the bathroom door rattles, "Hello? Rose, are you done yet in there?"

Oh dear, Merlin. MY MOTHER.

I shove Scorp away from me quickly, "Uhm, I'll be awhile. Maybe try somewhere else."

"Is everything okay? Are you having troubles?"

"No, Mom! Just leave!" I shout.

After I hear her footsteps walk away, Scorpius bursts out laughing. I roll my eyes at him and hop down from the counter. Thanks for the mood killer, Mom. I lightly shove his shoulder.

"Heyyy," He says while spinning around to hold my waist.

"We are not continuing what was going on," I tell him. I'm sure I look quite annoyed, maybe even scary.

Scorp groans, "I don't see why we can't just tell everyone about us."

"What us?! What do you want to tell people? What even are we?" I yell at him. I step back from him. I stare him down expectantly. This is the moment of truth. What if he doesn't want to be my boyfriend? How am I supposed to interact with him after that?

"I don't know, Rose. What do you want to be? Do you want to be my girlfriend? Or do you just want to be the girl I make-out with on the low?"

Did he just ask me out? His tone is making me quite nervous. My hands are shaking. I'm terrified by the idea of being in a relationship. Especially with him. Deep down I know what I want.

"Girlfriend," I grin up at him. Scorp lights up. For a fifteen year old, he looks like a little kid filled with joy. He jumps around a bit. I stare at him in happy confusion. I had no idea he actually wanted this.

Later that day, the girls all put on some skates and went out on the pond. Grandma Molly told us if the ice breaks and we fall in it's our fault. We all just laughed her off.

As we are attempting to skate, I feel many gusts of wind rush around us. I look up to see many of the boys playing quidditch above us. Well, they might just be trying to terrorize us. Scorpius winks at me from about 20 feet up in the air. Fred swoops down towards my and stops at my side.

"If you ever need me to kick your little boy toy's ass, I'll always be up for it. Or I could kindly gift him some in the works Weasley Wizarding Wheezes' products," Fred flew off with a smirk before I could correct what he called Scorpius.

Not my boy toy, my boyfriend.

Scorpius and I decided to come up with a plan before we told our families. My dad absolutely despises his dad. We have to find out how to make sure Scorp and I both come out of this alive. Hopefully our plan doesn't take to long because sneaking around is painful. Also,
I feel horrible lying to my family, especially my mum.

Over the break, we continued to try to separate ourselves as much as we could. We were only able to be together at night, when everyone else had gone to bed. The first time felt like just a one-time thing, but then Scorpius would lightly knock on my door every night after that. Most of the time, we just sat outside on the grass and looked at the stars. We'd talk about anything we could think of, from muggle phenomenons to our futures. Scorpius revealed to me one night that he loves animals and magical creatures and hopes to work with them. His favorite is the thunderbird, and he's terrified of kelpies. He told me his dad thinks it's ridiculous, but I thought it was wonderful. These nights taught me a lot about Scorp. Wednesday's are his favorite day of the week. He thinks old music is better than today's music. Before she passed, he was really close with his mum, and all he wants is to make her proud. Scorpius wears three rings: his family ring, a ring of good luck, and one that spins to fidget with in class. He's never eaten a pistachio, and has no desire to try one. He can find and name almost any constellation you can think of.

I treasure our moments together. Just being with him brings up my mood. Everything else in the world doesn't even matter when I'm with him. Time stops, and I feel safe. Sometimes we don't even do anything, but I enjoy every second just laying with him, taking him in. Each time I find myself studying his face as if I will never see it again.

"What are you thinking about?" Scorp asks me one night. He's turned on his side, and is staring at me. His white-blonde hair is messy beyond belief.

"You just make me feel so at peace," I say quietly. It's hard to believe that just a couple weeks ago I was still convinced I hated Scorpius.

He's still a little piece of shit. But now he's my little piece of shit. There's a lot to like about Scorpius that I just didn't see before.

"Don't go all emotional on me, Rosie," Scorp laughs. I scold at him.

"Only joking, of course. You make me feel nice, too. But, Rose, we really need to think about how we're gonna tell our parents. Especially yours," Scorp reminds me.

"I don't want all the drama. Why can't we just stay like this? Why do we need to flaunt our relationship? Why can't it just be us? Nobody else has to be involved. Not even people at school. They might just think we were dates to the ball!"

"Why do you want to hide us? Are you ashamed of this? Of me? Because if an-. . . nevermind," Scorp falters. I can see the tips of his ears heat up, even in the dark. His brows remain furrowed.

"No, say it. Say that if anyone should be ashamed of the other, it's you. Is it because you're Mr. Rich Guy? Is it because you're a pure blood? Is it because every girl in the school would kill to be with you, and you settled? This is why I don't want anyone else involved. Everyone else's opinions and eyes make us not us anymore. I can't feel at peace with you when it's you and every other person," I rant. He can tell I'm pissed now, too, due to my tone.

Scorpius scoffs, "You are so insecure! Rose, I'm with you because I want to be with you. I want to be with you all the time. I don't care about what your parents or kids at school think. But having to pretend we aren't together is exhausting. It takes every ounce of my strength to not immediately go over to you when I walk into a room, or hold your hand when we're next to each other, or kiss you when I have to leave. I gave you a choice, and you said you wanted to be my girlfriend. But it really seems like you don't want to be. So this is your chance. If you tell me right now that you change your mind, then we can go back to whatever we had or nothing like this never happened."

"Scorpius," I sigh when he finishes, "the reason I'm so insecure is because I don't want to lose you. I'm terrified. But let me tell you again. Girlfriend."