Love & Disaster

Harry's POV

I spent hours trying to find the perfect ring for Jen. I finally settled on a simple but beautiful diamond on a silver band.

I got home and called her.

'Hey baby what's up?' She said in a sing songy voice.

'I miss you. When will you be home?'

'Actually, I'm on my way. See you in 10'.

She hung up.

I'm so nervous to propose to her.

She pulled up and came inside.

She kicked off her shoes, threw her sweatshirt and took her hair out on her way over to me, which made me laugh. I was at ease the moment I had my arms around her.

I leaned down and kissed her. 'Where do u wanna go for dinner mama'?

'Mmm.. I like it when u call me that. I don't want to go out. I'm tired. Can we just order subs in or something'?

'Sure..' I said.

Romantic proposal plan foiled.

She grabbed the phone and called Jimmy Johns sub shop, while shoving multiple cookies in her mouth.

Later that night we were eating subs on the couch. She had her legs across my lap.

'So Jen, I have to go to San Francisco tomorrow on business for an upcoming tour. I have to leave at 7 in the morning. I'll get back around midnight'.

'Okay' she said and smiled. 'Ill be ok on my own for a day'.

'Ill be right back' I said.

I ran upstairs and grabbed the ring box and put it in my pocket. I was shaking again.

I came down and she was in the kitchen. I tried to figure out what to say but I just ran up to her and grabbed her hand, pulling her away from the sink.

'Jennifer...'

'Papi what's wrong'?

'Jennifer I love you. More than I've ever loved anyone. You're special and I need to be with you forever. I will go a lot of places in my life but I will never leave you. I need you baby. Will you please be my wife?'

She looked stunned and was crying.

'Y- Yes. Okay. I love you too.' She said and just hugged me tight.

I put the ring on her finger and hugged her, picking her up and spinning her around.

I set her down and she looked at me and laughed 'this is crazy... You are crazy Harry!'

'Crazy for you'.

Jens POV

'Baby wake up.. Jen!' I heard Harry whispering.

'What? I'm tired..'

'I gotta go to the airport baby! I'll see you later.'

I sat up and sleepily hugged him.. 'Dont leave me Harry. I need you..'

'Ha! I'm not leaving you. I'll never leave you. I'll see you tonight, remember? You're tired go back to sleep.I love you mama.'

He left but I never fell back asleep. What to do what to do.. All day with no Harry.

I was sitting on the couch with my feet up around 8:30am.

Phone rings..

'Hello?'

'Is this Jennifer Lopez?'

'Thatd be me'

'Yes, this is Dr. Warrens at the hospital. Can you come in as soon as possible?'

'No problem'.

Shit! I forgot another appointment!

I got to the hospital and was escorted to the intensive care unit. What the fuck....

Dr. Warrens greeted me and told me to sit. So I sat and at the same moment got hit with a horrible stomach ache.

'Jennifer I hate to tell you this but your fiancée Mr. Harry Connick Jr was involved in an accident this morning an-'

'Oh my god is he okay?! Where is he! I need to see him!'

'Sit down and relax Ms. Lopez. He's going to be okay but.. It seems that everything that's happened within the last six months... He doesn't remember any of it. Including you and the baby. I'm so sorry'.