Not Ready

Jens POV

One month later... 

I only have one month left and it gets harder everyday. I thank god for such an amazing husband. 

Sarah has a homecoming dance in a few hours. She came stomping into me and Harrys room.

'I need your curling wand', she said.

'Whats wrong baby?', I asked.

'Whats wrong!? Whats wrong is my birth mom hates us all and then we met you! You turned into the best thing thats ever happened to charlotte, geogia, me and especialy dad. Now you're getting taken away from us! I love you! You're my role model and my best friend'.

I looked at her for a minute.

'Come here', I said.

'Thank you for bringing daddy back. Before he met you, he was angry and not fun at all after what Jill did. When we heard he met you we were all pissed that youd take him away and make him even more upset. But when we met you we all fell in love because you were sweet, and real and just as silly as all of us. You brought happiness back to our dad. He told me before how much you mean to him. I'm so scared that when you die... all his happiness will die with you mom'.

'He has all of you to make him happy babygirl. And you'll all have baby Nathan. I made him promise me not to lose himself and that he would always be there to love and take care of all seven of you'.

'He would never break any promise he makes to you', She said.

I wiped her eyes, 'Now whats with this hair'? I said.

'I just can't get it how I want it. I just need your curling wand'.

'Would you let me do it for you'?, I asked.

'Mom... your arms and hands hurt. I don't want you hurt more on account of my hair'.

'Just let me. I want to.'

She grabbed a brush and my bag of hair things along with the curling wand.

I went to work on it. 

It took me an hour but I got it up. She went to the bathroom and came out crying.

'Oh you dont like it...'

'Mom I love it. Its beautiful. Thank you.'

I curled it then put  it up in a bun with braids along the sides and a bunch of my diamond boby pins.

My hands were in searing pain but it was worth it to see her so happy.

'You should finish getting ready. Can you send dad up when you go back down'?

'Yeah', She smiled and hugged me again.

Harry walked in like 30 sec later.

'What'd you do, sprint up here'?, I laughed.

'Maybe....', he said, flopping on the bed by me.

'Harry... can you grab that glass with the water and help me take a drink. Please? I can't pick it up'.

He did, no questions asked then took my hands in his and gently massaged them.

'I did Sarahs hair', I said.

'It's okay. She loves it you know', he said, kissing my hand.

I looked up at the celing, trying to hold back tears.

'Mama, whats wrong'?

'Harry, I want to meet my baby and be able to hold him. Shay and Nathan both... they aren't even going to remember me. I'm not ready to go'.

He rubbed my back.

'Jennifer, They will always know who thier mother is. I will make sure they know exactly how much you love them. No one will ever forget you honey. Its just not possible.'