The Choice

Harrys POV

I immedietely made a doctor appointment for Jennifer. 

We were driving and got stuck in traffic. 

'Harry'?

'Yeah baby'?

'Don't focus on the negitive so quick. You're so worst case senerio', she said.

I just sighed.

'Hey', She said, rubbing my shoulder, 'Don't you go crying on me tough guy'.

'Jennifer I love you more than anything. I need you by my side until the day I die'.

'And I will be', She whispered and pulled me over to kiss me.

We decided to name our baby Nathan Lee. Nathan Lee Connick. We can't wait to meet him.

We got into the waitingroom. Slowly, due to Jens pain.

A half hour the doctor called us. Jen had fallen asleep on my shoulder.

'Mama wake up... Jen. Wakey wakey', I poked her.

'Mmm..Huh?' She opened her eyes. 'I'm up!', She smiled and said.

An hour later her doctor came in and sat down in front of us.

He looked up at the ceiling, frustrated.

'Okay', He began, as Jen threaded her fingers through mine. 'Jennifer it pains me to say this. The cancer is back. Honey, its more agressive'.

His eyes got glassy and he cleared his throat.

'Jennifer.... You aren't going to survive this one. You won't make it more than 3 months. The only way you have a chance is to have an abortion. Even then, your chance is only 3%. I am so truly sorry. I'm gonna give you two some time to make a decision', he said and walked out.

We looked at eachother, not believing what we just heard.

She took a long shaky breath.

I went to speak and not a word came out.

I grabbed her and pulled her to my chest, holding her for dear life, as if it would somehow cure her.

She was crying hard.

'H-Harry... I love you', She cried.

I was to choked up to respond. I was afraid that if I spoke I would start crying and wouldnt be able to stop.

She calmed down a little but still had her head on my chest and was shaking.

'Harry I refuse to kill our baby. I'd rather die than kill our sweet, innocent baby boy'.

'Ok..', I whispered.

'Mama... don't leave me', I said and the tears began.

She squeezed my shirt and kissed my neck. I felt the tears streaming down her face.

'I never will Harry', she whispered.