Breaking the news

Harrys POV

'You okay'? Jen whispered, running her fingers through my hair as I just zoned out with my head on her shoulder.

'Yeah baby... Lets go home'

'How will we tell them?'

'I don't know. We have to though'.

I didn't respond...

'Hey', she said gently and caressed my face, lightly kissing my lips.

I rested my forehead on hers, brushing her hair behind her ear.

'Do you have any idea how much I love you'?, I whispered.

'I know Harry... I know'.

We went home and went inside trying to act normal.

I helped her sit on the couch and Shayliene jumped onto her lap. She's two now.

Jen kissed her face dramaticly, making her squeal in delight.

Max and Emme sat next to her and Charlotte and Sarah sat on the floor.

Char is almost 13 now and Sarah is 16. Georgia wentt o college but stays with us every weekend.

'I can't believe your having a boy', Charlotte laughed and rubbed her belly.

Jen looked at me and I just walked into the kitchen and leaned on the counter and rubbed my face.

I came out and picked up Emme and set her on my lap and sat down by Jen.

I rubbed her belly and laid my head on her shoulder.

She put her arm around me and smiled.

'Dad..?', Sarah said. 'What's wrong'?

I sighed.

'Guys... I need you to be calm. Mom is sick'.

They all looked confused.

'Sick like how'? Sarah said.

'I have Bone Cancer', Jen said. 

They looked so lost.

'I had it before you guys moved in but then it went away. Now its back. Babies... I was told I have 3 months to live'.

She is so strong. She did't even cry. Just told them.

But then Sarah and Charlotte burst into tears and grabbed her, hugging her and crying.

Then she started crying a little and wrapped her arms around them and smoothed thier hair and kissed them.

'Dad... why..'? Sarah cried and jumped up, burying her head in my chest..

'I don't know baby...'. I said.

Later that day....

The kids had gone off to play or be alone to think about what happened that afternoon.

Jen was sitting at the kitchen table eating and going over paperwork and Sarah was by her while I was making dinner.

'Mom... What about Nathan'? Sarah said trying not to cry.

'He's gonna be ok.. He's gonna live'.

10 pm.....

Jen walked into the bedroom and slowly got in bed.

I looked up from my Ipad. 

She looked at me and sighed. 

'Harry, we need to talk'.