Confession

3 weeks later

Harry's POV

'Jen COME ON'! I yelled from downstairs.

She always makes us late. Always. We should of left for American Idol 10 minutes ago.

'HOLD ON' she screamed back.

'Im leaving', I yelled and slammed the door just so she would think I left and maybe come downstairs.

She came running downstairs pulling down her dress and I was just leaning on the wall with my arms crossed.

She just stopped and looked me over and said 'you're a pain in my ass'.

I just smirked.

'Do I look okay'? She asked.

She was wearing a blue and white patterned dress that was long sleeved, super tight and super short. Her hair was up in a messy ponytail and she had on black heels.

'You. Are. Gorgeous. Absolutely stunning'.

'Ok. Let's go' she said.

We had a great time and around 9pm I was ready to leave but Jen was missing.

I looked everywhere but couldn't find her.

I finally walked into a break room (that no one ever goes in) and she was standing there, softly crying.

'Hey, hey. What's going on?' I said.

'Just hug me' she said.

She ran into my arms and I wrapped my arms around her.

After a good minute I said 'you wanna talk about it'? She shook her head yes.

I lifted her up and took her to the couch and set her down and I sat by her.

'Marc is trying to get full custody of the twins. He says I'm a bad mom. He's the one who came home drunk and pushed them aside. The police found drugs in his car! He was the one destroying our lives! He used me as a fucking pleasure toy and a punching bag. Something to take his anger out on. One day in the kitchen I asked him to go to rehab for the kids and because I know the man I fell in love with was still in there. He was silent. I walked up to hug him. I just wanted to feel loved. He knocked me out cold and left me on the floor bleeding. I haven't seen him since. He belittled me and he made me feel worthless. I hid the bruises and cuts and pain. I wanted my kids to have a dad! But yeah. I'm the bad mom'.

Tears started to fall down her cheeks and I grabbed her and pulled her to my chest.

'Oh sweet girl. Jennifer.. Oh my god baby. I'm.. I'm sorry. I had no idea'.

I was completely stunned and shocked. How could anyone ever hurt this woman? She's sweet and gentle and just wants love. I wanna kill him. How could he?!

She wiped her eyes and said 'I've never told anyone. Not even Leah.'

I kissed her cheeks and said 'Marc is never gonna hurt you again. I'm gonna protect you. Nothing's ever gonna hurt you sweetheart'.

I took her home and ran her a bath.

I helped her undress while she put her hair up.

Just looking at her, I thought.. what would ever have to come over a person to make them want to harm her in such horrible ways? How could he not realize what an amazing thing he had?

She's changed everything in me. She softened me and made me more trusting and concerned. She changed my view on life itself.

I'm gonna protect her with my life and make her see that I love her so much.

The world isn't such a dark place anymore.