35: Sand, Sea water, and You

A/N: HELLO EVERYONE!!! I AM SO GLAD TO BE BACK!!!! AND YES, I WILL BE WRITING THIS STORY AGAIN AND I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU ALL THAT YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN MY INSPIRATION TO WRITE AGAIN. YOU GUYS GAVE ME MOTIVATION AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING DESTINED TO 50K READS!!!! LET'S CONTINUE MORE AND WORK HARD MORE I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! NOW ENJOY THE STORY LOVE LOTS <333

-Hyerin

--

The wind was howling as it danced with the waves. Such a beautiful escapade. The sky turning a subtle yellow orange from it's dark blue and white. A few people were on the beach, as it was almost closing time. The two people approached the shore, with beautiful smiles on their faces and laughter surrounding them, enjoying each other's company. From a far, a person watched them intently. There was a frown on his face as he studied them. Knowing then he, would never take the place of his brother.

Kai's POV

"Come on!" Kay shouted as she grabbed my hand and pulled me nearer to the water. She was laughing as she tried to take her shoes off. She settled them down on a safe place so they wouldn't get wet and I followed. My feet touched the cold water, sending shivers up my spine. The feeling was more than amazing. It's been so long since I felt this. Since I felt happy... and it's all thanks to her.

I snapped out of my reverie when the cold water splashed upon my face. Aah! I screamed as the water trickled down my neck and the water kept coming. Then I realized Kay was bombing me with water. She was laughing so much at my expression and I picked her body and legs up with my arms and threw her down on the water. This time, I laughed with so much satisfaction. Feeling the sand beneath my feet, I crouched down on my knees as my stomach hurt because of all the laughter.

As I finished, I realized Kay hasn't come up. Worry started to fill me as I realized that maybe her powers did something to her when she was underwater because of the impact. I started walking around and looking at the water. "Kay! Whe--"

"Aah! What the f!" I screamed, feeling that I've been screaming so much like a girl these days. Get a grip Kai. Cold and moist arms wrapped around my neck and her body pressed down behind my back. Thank goodness she's alright.

"KAY YOU SCARED ME TO DEATH. DO NOT EVER DO THAT TO ME EVER AGAIN OKAY?" My voice got louder as it seems and I grabbed her dangling legs from the air and hoisted her up more from behind. And as a reply, all I got was her laughter. Her sweet laughter resonated all over my ears and it was like I was hearing an angel from behind me. Is this.. Is this real?

"You're such a girl, Kai." She said and laughed more. I laughed along with her and walked in circles on the water, still as she hung from behind me. I stopped walking and settled on the perfect spot where the sun set just right in front of us. Her breath on my neck was tickling me and the water from her hair trickled down my shoulders, as if we weren't soaked in sea water.  This was the perfect moment.

I let her dangling legs down and she started to remove her arms from my neck. Kay stood beside me as we watched the sun set slowly, seeming like it would take forever. The water washed up on our ankles and I wanted to hold her hand right now. So bad. This might be the most cliche'd thing ever but well, I want to tell her that... I like her.

"It's beautiful... isn't it?" She said, staring at the setting sun with the sun's color radiating in her eyes. She's feeling things... and her eyes are swirling with colors. Just like before. Then, it suddenly vanished. Not right now, not right now.

"Yes, so much." But I said that as I looked at her. Her hair formed to single strands with many strands stuck together because of the water. Even her bangs had four single strands stuck to her forehead because of the water but that didn't matter right now. She was beautiful. 

"Kay..." I started to say and faced my body to her. 

"Yes, Kai?" She said and also faced my way. I grabbed her hands and held them together, willing up my courage to say the words I've been wanting to say to her since forever.

"I know we've only met each other for a few months and those months have been the very best. Even though there were so much troubles we faced, we still conquered them. Even though we had trouble with work, you were still there to help us. And you never did leave us. Now, I just wanted to say that I... I li--" I was cut off as my lips were met with her finger, shushing me.

"Come," She said, holding my hand and walking towards the shore. She picked up her shoes and so did I. We were now walking slowly towards... somewhere, hand in hand with the sand sticking to our toes. As I looked forward, I noticed a sort of dock where people could sit and just stare at the sea. How come I have't noticed it before? 

We walked towards it but instead of walking on it and sitting at the top, Kay pulled me and we now stood below it. The floor boards were all salty and filled with moss as I looked at it from above. I felt a hand on my chin, pulling my face down as I was still staring above. I was met with Kay's twinkling eyes.

"What was it that you were going to say?" She asked and titled her head a little. I breathed in and breathed out. Just as I was getting ready to say that I liked her earlier, she had to pull me here and add more tension to the air. 

"Well, uhm... ahehe." I laughed awkwardly and scratched my head. Now I lost my confidence. I looked up her and she smiled at me. She stepped closer to me and lifted a hand to my cheek, caressing her thumb on my skin softly. My surprise rose to the roof as her soft lips came in contact with my cheek. She kissed my cheek.

"I like you too." Kay said as she pulled back, the pink rising to her cheeks. She then smiled sheepishly and looked down. As bravely as I could, I held her chin and raised her face to look at me. And I leaned in. Seeing as she wasn't holding back, I kissed her fully on the lips. Her soft lips touched mine. Our bodies came closer to each other and I held both her cheeks with my hands.

So much euphoria. I was so happy and couldn't keep my happiness as I smiled through our kiss. Finally. I could shout to the world "I FINALLY WON!" and she would still be mine.

She broke the kiss and threw her body at me, circling her arms around my body and hugging me. I hugged her back, tightly. As if I would never let her go and I never would.

"Not a word, Kai." She said and broke our hug, holding my hand again as we left the beach in wet clothes, sandy feet, and salty hair.

--

Kay's POV

ASDFGHJKL MY GOD WE KISSED. WE FREAKING KISSED AND WHAT'S SO ANNOYING IS THAT I KISSED HIM FIRST! I CANT BELIEVE MYSELF HUHU WHAT AM I GOING TO TELL ACE?? CANDY AND VI ARE TOTALLY GOING TO FREAK OUT! 

But honestly? I liked him after a long time too and this day finally came.

--

As both went home and went through the main door, all eyes were on them. They froze in their tracks almost immediately as they were sure the brothers weren't going to take this easily.

"Why are you both wet?" The leader asked, with arms crossed. Seems like a lot of them weren't satisfied either. 

"Uhh.." Kai said and scratched his head. He looked at Kay and she looked back at him and they both looked at eleven people sheepishly. 

"SIT." 

--

A/N: Hello~ how was it? It's been so long since I've been writing and I seem so rusty so I'm sorry T.T if it does seem a bit weird and kind of not reaching up to your expectations, then please do tell me! I will try to improve more and get that writing spirit back since I do want to start writing again! ALSO I think I'm ending Destined soon, with 40 chapters. Hopefully all of you will stick with me till then! THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED I LOVE YOU GUYS XOXO

-Hyerin