40: End.

A/N: This is the last chapter of Destined. The ending is finally here! Hope you guys like the story, how it's been, the improvements, and the ending. It's so sad to be ending this story so abruptly after New Years and years of inactivity. I will be focusing more on other groups and will be creating a story after I finish Destined and Grandmother's Wrath. It's been so nice to write about exo and my imaginations and this will finally come to an end. Thank you all for supporting this story! Reading even if I had been inactive all this time. The last chapter is waiting for you! Thank you all so much once again <3

-Hyerin

--

"So what's it going to be, darling?" Ms. Ann asked with a perfectly plucked brow raised and kept her gaze at Kay who was now slowly nearing the stage.

This was what Kay was fearing. This was what Ms. Ji told her. Her time was limited. She had to decide now.

"None. I won't give them to you. And if you try of the slightest idea to hurt them, then I will have no choice but to hurt you, Ms. Ann." Kay warned, flying down to where she was seated earlier and glared up at the enemy she once considered as her guardian.

"You're really being hard headed right now, Kay. It's simple." Ms. Ann started to get annoyed, clicking her tongue and raising her left hand to show the men in colored suits raise from the backstage. Kay gasped, seeing that they were frozen in a sort of bubble.

"Please just let them go. This is a fight between you and me." Kay pleaded, looking at the boys who were looking back at her.

"I told you it's simple. It's either that you surrender your powers to me and I let them go, or you keep your powers and I simply.. kill them. You said you wouldn't let anyone hurt them, didn't you?" Ms. Ann shrugged, waving her left hand making the bubble where the boys were kept, shake.

"No, Kay! Don't listen to her!" A voice coming inside the stadium shouted. Kay turned towards the entrance and saw Mark. She smiled at him, knowing that whenever she needed help, Mark would always be there to help her. In account to what Mark said, Ms. Ann only laughed at him.

"Oh, come on, Kay. We all know that you've wanted to live a simple life. Give your powers to me and I will grant that." Ms. Ann persuaded, holding out her hand to Kay. She was now conflicted and was on the verge of agreeing to surrender her powers.

"Kay, she will ruin the world if you give your powers to her. If you give them to her, your powers will be in the wrong hands! Normal life or not, she will hurt them." Mark warned, relaying the message Ms. Ji told him. He eyed the boys trapped in the bubble and with his telepathy, he tried to move them towards him, at the back of the stadium. He couldn't.

"Is that true? I surrender myself but you'll still hurt them? You give me a normal life but will still hurt them? I'd rather keep my powers than let them be in the wrong hands like you!" Kay shouted and tried to trigger the upsurge in her. Her eyes swirled with colors and turned pure black.

"Fuck. She'll break!" Kai from inside the bubble shouted, seemingly losing hope to stop Kay's upsurge. Mark heard him, immediately running towards Kay to see the marks on her skin turn black, illuminating themselves from her white skin. She rose to the sky and the ground beneath her shook, along with the whole stadium.

Ms. Ann shook, releasing the boys from the bubble and also rose to the sky. She did it involuntarily, Kay was making her fly with some sort of invisible hold on her neck, eventually choking her.

"Kay!" Mark shouted as he looked up, also raising to the sky.

"We should do something." Kyungsoo looked at Kai, worry invading his face as he looked at Kay continuously rising.