Beautiful~ Roman

"September First, 1989, Dear Diary, I believe I'm a good person. I believe there's good in everyone. And yet here we are, first day of senior year! And I ask myself, what happened?"  \

Every morning, every day for the entirety of the school year I will wake up hearing Barrett Wilbert Weed (who is a literal Goddess) sing the opening words to Heathers, The Musical. And, quite honestly, I think it is rather suitable. Mainly because it will be a nice reminder that if Veronica Sawyer believes that there is good in everyone, I should too. The idea that there is good in everyone is something that a lot of people want to believe and yet, can't. I just so happen to be one of those people. 

On the morning of the first day of my senior year after listening to my beautiful alarm I got out of bed feeling excited. Normally, I would dread school, but this year felt different, this year was going to be the final year and I was determined to make the best out of it. I walked downstairs to get some breakfast and saw my sibling sitting on the counter taking selfies. "Hey loser," they said not looking away from his phone. 

"Hi Remy," I responded as I walked to the fridge and took out an apple.  

"Oh by the way if you're not ready in the next ten minutes I'm leaving without you." They said glancing up at me to see my reaction. I groaned and ran back upstairs. I went into my room and put on the clothes I set out the night before, based upon one of my friend's recommendation. I walked out of the room and back downstairs within eight minutes. I walked outside and into Remy's car. 

"Do you remember the rules or did you forget over the summer?" Remy asked as they started the car. 

"I don't know, and you don't know me. Unless there is an asshole because depending on who the asshole is you and your friends will ensure that they are dead?" I say in a tone that shows how little I actually care about the rules. These rules have been in place since our junior year. When high school first began it was that we just didn't know each other. Then things were different, we didn't have to worry about assholes trying to hurt us, or cornering us. Or forcing us into things. But, Remy and I both knew that I didn't follow these rules. I'm pretty sure the only reason that Remy keeps on reminding me of them is so that they can feel like a good sibling. 

Once we got to the school Remy walked out of the car first and I followed in pursuit a couple of minutes after. I walked into the school and was nearly automatically greeted by my closet friend, Patton who was followed by his boyfriend and soulmate, Logan.