Wait For It~ Roman

TW: Self-harm mentions

"Love doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints it takes and it takes and it takes. And we keep loving anyway, we laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes." 

Soulmates, true love, meant to be. They are all the same thing. They all mean the same thing. Everyone has one. Everyone has the one person that they will share everything with. The one person who will love them and that they love more than anyone or anything else in the world. There are some people who doubt that they have soulmates. But, that's before they meet their soulmate. I know I have a soulmate. It's not just out of faith, and hope that the stories are true. It's because there are scars across my arms. Scars that wouldn't have been from accidentally hurting myself. Scars that only would've been caused by dragging a knife across my own skin, which is something I have never done. 

They first started to show up around the end of seventh grade. After the first one showed up there weren't anymore for at least three months. Then right before eighth grade started they became more frequent. I started to get concerned looks from my teachers and my friends seemed worried about me. After about a month I was called down to the guidance office and they asked me about the scars. I explained to them that it was my soulmate, but they refused to believe me. I started going there weekly trying to convince them that it was my soulmate. They tried to convince my Dad to send me to a therapist but, he never showed up for any of the meetings. It wasn't until another scar appeared on my arm during one of our meetings that they actually left me alone. 

Logan and Patton are the only couple who I've met that are actually soulmates. They are also the two people who I would have never expected to be soulmates. They are complete opposites in every sense of the word. Patton is emotional and loves to joke around, meanwhile, Logan is basically a robot. Hell, I didn't even think that Logan was an actual human being, or at least didn't think that Logan could feel emotions. But, Patton makes him at least laugh occasionally, or at least smile. 

The three of us walked down the hallway, Patton was talking about how cute the dog was that he saw on the way here. "He was just so cute!" Patton exclaimed as Logan nodded but had an annoyed expression. "Logan, what's the type of dog that looks like really small and is super fluffy?" Patton asked looking up at his boyfriend. 

"That could be an Affenpinscher, Bichon Frise, Bolognese, Brussels Griffon, Chihuahua, Chinese Crested, Coton de Tulear, Dachshund, Havanese, Lhasa Apso, Lowchen, Maltese, Maltipoo, Papillon, Pekingese, Pomeranian, Poodle, Yorkipoo, among many others," Logan said, in his usual robotic tone. It wasn't until then that I noticed they were holding hands. 

I have to admit, I was slightly jealous of how perfect Logan and Patton were together. They were the perfect example of opposites attract. Logan would make sure that Patton didn't do anything too stupid and Patton would make sure that Logan showed at least some kind of emotion. They balanced each other out. I would love to have someone like that. 

"Which one do you think it is Roman?" Patton said in a confused tone, I shrugged. 

"Whichever one sounds the cutest," I answered with confidence. Patton's eyes lit up, and he suddenly looked really excited. 

"The pom-pom one sounded cute," Patton answered as Logan sighed. 

"You mean the Pomeranian?" Logan asked in an annoyed tone. He usually sounded annoyed, regardless of who he was talking to. Patton nodded quickly, smiling. 

"Yeah! That one! 'Cause it sounds like a pom-pom," Patton said smiling. Logan nodded, the three of us continued to walk until we got to Logan's first hour. 

"Bye Logi!" Patton said reaching up on the tips of his toes to give Logan a kiss on his cheek. Logan's face turned a light shade of red as he waved at Patton and walked into the classroom. Patton and I continued to walk down the hallway until we reached our own first hour.