Chapter 1

I sit in the window of a building somewhere in the capital staring outside. I watch below as people in expensive cars pass by as they zoom off to wherever they're going. This is what I have been doing for the past 3 nights,staring outside of a foggy window 10 stories off the ground while thinking. Thinking of how far I have gone in my 16 years,and wishing that tomarrow wasn't going to be the day that I die,or,more specifically,the day that I get brutally slaughtered by The Fandoms.

Just four days ago,I was sitting with my mom on the old ripped up couch at home,wondering who will be the next chosen tributes to be in The Fandom Games. I remember asking my mom,"How did you bear it when you were my ago...watching those people get slaughtered on live television?" I didn't even think about me being chosen but neither did mom.

"I just watched it like we're suppose to,sweatie. It's not hard to do." she said with a kind smile.

I still don't know how she did it,and I still wonder why she was so calm about all of it. When she met me after the choosing ceremony,she just hugged me and told me that I'll do fantastic with a huge smile on her face. No tears. No pain. No sadness. Everyone is like this apparently. Everyone gets excited about the games except me. Why does everyone enjoy watching real people get slaughtered live? I don't know.

During training,I got a zero for having 'absolutely no skill at all' they said on live telelvision. Actually, my skill was being stubborn. When I walked in the training room to do my private session,I sat on the floor in front of the gamemakers balcony and had a huge smirk on my face. I refused to entertain them no matter what and I said it to their fancy-bearded faces. Even after my time was up,I just sat there smirking. I don't even regret it. If they are going to take it out on someone,it's either going to be me or my mom. That is the only thing I thought about at the time. My dad died when I was 10. He was found somewhere next to the fence that separates us from the woods. The fence is supposedly charged 24 hours a day,but when I walked along it everyday after school,it was always silent. Everybody thinks he died because he somehow ran into the fence and got electricuted,but I don't believe it at all. If he got electricuted,then why didn't he get burned? Ever since then I have hated the Capitol because I know that they are the reason that he's dead,leaving me and my mother alone with practically no one to take care of us except ourselves.

I groan when I decide to pull a small piece of paper out of my pocket with the names and training scores of each tribute.

I examine each tributes name and score slowly and carefully.

1.Hazel-Grace Landcaster 5

2. Augustus Waters 3

3. Leisel Meminger 6

4. Rudy Steiner 6

5. Tris Prior 8

6. Tobias Eaton 9

7.Katniss Everdeen 10

8. Peeta Mellark 6

9. Bella Swan 12

10. Edward Cullen 12

11. Alexandra Parker 0

My name rests at the very bottom where no one will notice it. The gamemakers give out these papers of the names and scores of each tribute for us to remember who we are up against. Most people already know these tributes including me. We had to learn about them in History class, but there were always little information. There are probably hundreds of fandoms, but this year has the best ones.

I don't know how i'm even suppose to even kill these people,especially Edward and Bella. They probably got their huge training score for making most of the gamemakers immortal or newborns. I heard that people are having problems containing them on their floor of this building, because their vampires. You'ld think that they would just let them rest in peace since they are already dead, and this is a fight to the death. I probably will be their favorite meal. I actually laugh a little thinking of trying to kill them. They're vampire for crying out loud!!!

I place the paper back in my pocket and decide that I need to head to bed. I need some rest before the big, big, big day, as my escort, Effie Trinket, says to me every morning.

I hop out of the window, and quietly walk back to my bedroom, careful not to wake Jonathan, my stylist, Haymich, my mentor, or Effie. I slowly open my door without it squeaking so much, and walk in, shutting the door behind me. i change into some white, silk pajamas, and crawl into bed to finally get some restful sleep.