Chapter 40

After eating a decent meal and getting our things together. We are ready to leave.

     We are crowded into the large, open, living room with our slightly heavy, black backpacks on our backs and loaded guns in our hands. Carlisel and Alice had called in Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett, who are Edward and Alice's "siblings", during the night and arrived just a short while ago while we were eating breakfast. Emmett was glad to see Bella again, but was sad to hear about Hazel's death. He was one of the few that listened closely to Alice's visions over the past few months.

     I dig "the tube" out of my backpack and a knife, ready to leave and take on these enemies of ours. Although I can feel the taste of death already setting on my lips, I know I'll welcome it with open arms. Even if this all ends today and we all somehow live, I don't think I'll ever be the same, because what else is there left for me? It wasn't until I heard Katniss mention us coming from books like fairytales and such that I realized that this may not all be real. If that is the truth? Then is this all like a book? Are we all just a story? Used as pieces in a game where the author is the gamemaker and we are the characters ready to be killed off just by a few words? I can just imagine someone sitting at a desk, and neatly writing the words "Alex dies" on a thin, blank sheet of paper and within that moment, my death be the next thing to happen in this large world.

     "Alex." I turn and see Alice gracefully walking up to me. She walks as if she is gliding through the, although I know that that is because she isn't necessarily human.

     "What's wrong, Alice? Is everything alright?" I say.

     She stops in front of me, and gives me a slight smile with a hint of what looks like hope in her eyes, and says, "We're coming with you."

     I stare at her in astonishment.

     "What?"

     "I had another vision. Although it's not for certain, but.." she sets her jaw. "We could kill them, and escape before the bombs go off, but it includes us too."

     "Are you sure you want to do this?" I say already open to the fact that more vampires could help us adn protect us from President Snow and the others.

     "Yes...., but there is something else." she pauses for a moment to collect her thoughts. "They know about the bombs and the books. They know that this could all be a story. They just don't know how it all ends."

     My eyes grow wide in fear and my mouth goes completely dry.

     "So, we can't lure them to the bombs." I say matter-o-factly.

     "Yes and no. They know where the bombs will be, but the one they don't know about is the one on Himmel Street. I saw Jeanine reading Leisel and Rudy's story in an old abandoned house in Molching, and many of the last pages were torn out. She tried searching for them, but they were no where to be found, and that was and will be the last copy she will ever find unless she risks her life coming to this world for it."

     "So we continue with the plan, but lure them to Himmel Street."

     "Yes." Just be ready to run before those bombs start to go off."

     I nod my head and she walks away toward Bella and Edward.

     I stand there looking at the floor, trying to collect my thoughts. As everyone wanders around me, talking to each other about the plan that they know not of. I can easily distinguish Tobias's deep voice amongst the higher ones as he speaks to who I suspect as Peeta. Leisel, although she is  a little quiet, is loud and full of light. I bet she knows that we will all survive this. The others I'm sure believe it too except Katniss who already claimed she knew that her death was near if we continued on with this.

     I take a deep breath, and walk away from the crowd to where everyone could see me. They all stop talking at once when they see me with such a plain, emotionless expression with "the tube" and knife in my hands. I bring my arms down to my sides, and begin to speak to them in a loud, raging voice.

     "All our lives we have lived in fear....fear that we'll end up in the games, or fear that we will die in some horrable way or even that our loved ones will die slow and painful deaths just as the Capitol wanted. But now we have seen that there is more to fear than fear itself." I clear my throat. "The Cullens will be coming along with us, and so will Bella and Edward. That will give us more protection and more of a chance for.....for our survival. We can win this. We will fight. And we will kill these killers whose names are an abomonation to any world they thrive in."

     I notice in the small crowd Katniss's plain, beaten face bending upward into a slight smile with a glint of hope in her eyes. Tris, who never smiled unless she was talking to Tobias, smiles too in a way that makes me want to smile with them but I avoid it.

     "Today we will go to Molching, Germany and lure our enemies to their deaths. By sundown tonight, everything will change. One of us will die. It will wither be us or them. If not today than never again." I close my eyes for a moment to find the last words that I want to add to my speech, and open them. "This madness ends here......today."