Chapter 15

I lay on my bed in my room. My eyes are closed and the lights are all turned off but you can easily see the outline of the door. I focus on the silence that comforts me within that darkness. I used to be afraid of the dark since that night my father died,but now I'm not. I think that panic attack I had in the arena did something to me. I think facing that fear made me no longer fear the once menacing arms of the dark.

     My mind seems to slip back to the blood samples that they had to take from us. When it was my turn, I didn't panic but when the needle was inserted into my cold skin, it burned and I cringed a little,but other than that, everything went well.

     Right now, all of us are waiting in our rooms for Beetee or Finnick to come and get us so that they can announce the results. I heard Tris and Bella outside my door earlier saying that they think that Katniss has the right fandom blood to activate the tube. I think the same, but I don't understand why they took my blood when I'm not even a fandom. Even if I was, I'm sure I'd never be the key to activating that stupid tube. It's practically ridiculous just thinking about.

     I hear a loud knock on my door and I quickly sit up.

     "Alex?" says someone that sound like Finnick.

     "Yeah."

     "The results are in. Everyone is to meet at the gate in 2 minutes." I hear him say.

     "Ok." I say quickly.

     I hop out of the bed and run into the bathroom and turn the lights on. I grab the hairbrush that they gave me, and brush out my long,brown hair, and quickly put the brush back in place when I finish and turn off the lights. I run out the door and head outside where I am one of the first at the gate. If anyone wants to hear this more, I think it would be me, because I now that if this thing works that I will finally be able to leave Panem..... that is if they allow us all to go.

     It doesn't take long for everyone to gather at the gate. Everyone actually seems as eager as I am to hear about the results. Some even more. I guess I wasn't the only one after all.

     "After attaining samples of your blood along with some testing, we finally found the results to activate the tube we found." says Finnick with a smile. "It was a shock what we found and we hope that this person is cooperative to the task that we have for them" Finnick motions for Beetee as he walks in front of us and Finnick moves away. Beetee actually looks eager but I can see worry in his eyes. I can see a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead as he says one single name.

     Everyone is silent including me. I think I am going to faint as every eye lands on the person who's name was called. All I can hear is the fast beating of my heart and sweat starting to build up on my skin as the name bounces around in my brain just pounding at my skull. The one person everyone must of thought would never of been called is named...

     "Alexandra."