Chapter 29

I sit up against the wall on my mat reading those papers that Evelyn gave me. I could hardly get any sleep because of my untamable curiosity so I began reading those papers. It's about 5:00 in the morning and everyone else is asleep. The sun barely shines between the boards above us and through the stair way reaching the main floor. I have read and reread all 43 pages around 3 times and keep finding things that I have missed. Probably because I'm just beginning to get tired although it is a little too late to go back to sleep.

     I set down those papers and sort everything out that I have found so far. First, is that Jeanine's plan was to kill Tris and Tobias, because they killed her and ruined her plan to destroy Abnegation and to kill the Divergent. Second, is that I was right. There are other worlds that we haven't discovered yet that we all belong in except Tris, Tobias, Katniss, Peeta, and me. A list of our names matched with the names of other worlds confirm this.

     Alexandra Parker, Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark - Panem

     Beatrice Prior, Tobias Eaton - Chicago, Illinois

     Bella Cullen, Edward Cullen - Forks, Washington

     Rudy Steiner, Leisel Meminger - Molching, Bavaria, Germany

     Hazel-Grace Landcaster, Augustus Waters - Indiana

     Third, is that all of us were brain washed and put in Panem to be put into that arnea and killed. There were never suppose to be any survivors in that game.

     Lastly, all of our supposed enemies are working with President Snow except for Leisel and Rudy's and Hazel and Augustus's.

     Alexandra Parker, Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark - President Snow

     Beatrice Prior, Tobias Eaton - Jeanine Matthews

     Bella Cullen, Edward Cullen - Aro, Caius, Marcus, Alec, Demetri, Felix, Jane.

     Rudy Steiner, Leisel Meminger - Unknown

     Hazel-Grace Landcaster, Augustus Waters - Unknown

     I think that what Evelyn told me was right. Even when it all ends, it truly doesn't end. That phrase has been swimming around in my head since she said it. It scares me because I'm beginning to wonder if it is true. That although we left Panem, there truly isn't any peace. Just like the rest of us, hope is the only thing stronger than that fear. The fear that this won't ever end. We are just hanging on to that little bit of hope that tends to hang in the balance between this world and the next.

     I sit there for a moment and just stare at the ceiling. We have no reason to be here now. I was going to break into Jeanine's office last night, but Evelyn already beat me to it, plus, she was right, Jeanine would not put more information in that computer to risk someone finding it. There is only one thing left to do and that is to use the information that Edward told me and use that tube to get to Forks, Washington.

     I take those papers and put them in my backpack. I stand up and walk across the room to the stairs ,being careful to not step on anyone, and walk up to the main floor. When I reach the main floor, I hear a familiar voice.

     "Alex? What are you doing up this early?"

     Bella stands there with Edward at her side, sitting at an old wooden table in the center of the room. Edward looks a little off along with Bella who actually looks like she is weak and vulnerable. Their faces look empty of all emotion and their eyes are a blood red. Their eyes have never looked red before which scares me a little. I knew that their eyes changed color, but I have never seen that color.

     "Where have you two been? I didn't ev-" I stop mid-sentence when I notice something on the bottom of Bella's lip. It looks like a small drop of blood. Just as I notice it, Bella quickly wipes it away with her tongue. I stand there transfixed as all the pieces start coming together. The blood. The eyes. The depressed looks on their faces.

     "Alex..." is all Edward says before I run out of the building in a sprint.

...............................................................................

     Hey guys!!! How was that? I haven't been updating a lot lately but I promise to make it up to all of you who are reading my story.

     Well you know the drill....

     Vote... Comment.... and Keep On Reading!!!!!            ~Meghan~