Chapter 13

"Alexandra." I hear someone say "Alexandra!!!" I claw at whoever is saying my name to make them stop shaking me. I squirm until I feel weightless and crash on the ground and I snap awake.

"What the neck?" I hear someone say.

I rub my eyes for a second and raise my head. I'm on the cold,hard ground beside my bed. I quickly get up,and see Tris cupping her cheek on the other side of the bed. She looks angry and upset at the same time. Why would she be angry at me? Then I remember clawing someone in my supposed dream. Oh crap.

"What was that for!?!"she yells at me. Her blue eyes are fierce and I can just see flames sparkling in them.

"I'm sorry I didn't know it was you!" I yell back " Why we're you shaking me!?!"

"I was doing you a favor so you don't miss breakfast,but I see now that you are capable of waking your own self up."

I look at her confused,but then I remember screaming constantly. I freeze for a moment.

"Thanks." I mutter and look over at the door where Bella stands with a huge frown on her face when she sees me. She doesn't look upset like Tris is,but it's like pity.....for me. That immediately confirms that they heard me screaming and possibly crying.

"Come on,Tris. Let's hurry up and get dressed." Bella says motioning for Tris to follow her out the door. Tris follows behind her and gives me one last glance of hate while still cupping her cheek and shuts the door behind her.

I stand there for a moment trying to break myself from my trance. I know they'll have to know eventually but I didn't want it to be this way.

     I walk into the bathroom and start getting ready. I take a quick shower and put on a gray tank top with some black jeans. As I walk out the door I slip on my combat boots that I wore in the arena and put my hair up in a pony tail.

     I walk down the long hallway to the door and walk outside. I guess Bella and Tris have already left. I look around and notice the other tributes and Finnick over at the gate. I head in that direction and all heads turn towards me. I freeze for a moment then I continue walking towards them.

     "Ok,now that we are all together,lets go have breakfast." Finnick says.

     We all follow him towards the old Justice building and walk inside. The doors are three times taller than the average door and are a gray color as for the rest of the building.  They creek loudly as they open.

     When we walk inside, there is a whole bunch of tables set out where the main enterance to the building was. People sit around eating and talking and some laughing.

     We stop and Finnick turns around toward us and points to a long empty table over on the far side of the building. We all walk in that direction and sit down in one of the chairs and wait for Finnick to say something. There is already a plate of food before us and a glass of water. That seems to be more than I have ever had in my life. Food was never just given to you like this, it was worked for. Even when we worked hard, food was stil barely a possibility.

     "Ok, let's get started." Finnick says just before taking a bite of scrambled eggs. He quickly swallows and continues.

     "After breakfast we would like to do some tests on all of you, if you don't mind. We just recently sent some spies over at the Capitol and found something that may be of use to us, but couldn't seem to figure it out, that was, until Beetee, our guy to go to with anything technological, figured out part of it along with some documents he found."

     "What is it exactly is is and what are the documents?" Bella says next to me. I'm still a little insecure around her espicially since this morning, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

     "You'll see after breakfast. Beetee will be happy to show you what he has found so far." He gives us that charming smile of his that makes my face twist in disgust. I hate it when people give you that look like everything is unicorns and rainbows when it's not.

     I look down at my food the rest of the time, and eat my scrambled eggs behind my invisible walls.