Thirty Six: Space Between

-

A/N: I would recommend listening to Space Between while reading this chapter if you wanna get the full feel and cry like I did :)

-

Hadley had tossed and turned all night, not able to sleep at all. She had gotten out of bed multiple times, going to the bathroom to recompose herself. She had no clue how she hadn't woken Grey up yet. But then again, he did like his sleep and slept like a baby.

She kept herself up all night, thinking of the worst situations. Situations for which she'd turn to Grey for. Something she'd no longer be able to do. She didn't want him to leave. She needed him. And deep down, she had this awful feeling that he'd forget her and never come back.

When the dreaded morning actually rolled around, Hadley was sat up on the bed. Her knees pulled up to her chest, tears rolling down her cheeks. She was making no noise, just staring emotionlessly at the wall. Grey was snoring quietly in the background when there was a bang on the door, making grey jump out of sleep.

"Get up, Greyson!" Came Mother Gothel's pseudo-sweet voice.

"I'm up, go away!" Grey groaned laying back down.

"It's Auradon time!" She sang, and then footsteps faded until they could no longer be heard.

"Don't remind me." He sighed and turned around. "Hadley?" He murmured when he didn't feel her beside him and opened his eyes again.

Hadley hadn't flinched throughout the whole thing. She had only moved her head to stare out of the window, Auradon in the distance.

"You're really going..." She choked out in barely a whisper.

"Wha?" Grey asked, propping himself up on his arm.

"You're leaving me." She said nonchalantly before breaking into a sob.

"Blue... c'mere." He said, sitting up and opening his arms. She turned her head, looking at him. She was shaking slightly. Her eyes were red and tired, her cheeks stained with tears. She tried to move but couldn't find the strength to.

Grey sighed and got up, walking over to her and picking her up before she could even protest. Hadley hugged him koala-style and started sobbing.

"G-Grey... I..." she choked out, but couldn't find the words to continue.

"Shhhh." He whispered, wrapping his arms around her and walking backwards to sit on his bed. "It's alright."

"N-no... i-it's not..." She shook her head. "I can't... I can't do this without you..."

"Yes you can." He said gently, stroking her hair with one of his hands.

"I can't... I-I don't know how to deal with myself..." She said, burying her head in his shoulder. "What do I do w-when I get thoughts... who's going to be there to talk me out of them? Wh-who am I supposed to go to when I need someone most... when I need you?"

"You have Hook," Grey said simply.

"Hook's not you. He doesn't get me like you do. He doesn't know me like you." Hadley sat herself up and wiped the tears from under her eyes. "I can't talk to him about the shit I talk to you about. He's not the same. I need you, Grey. I fucking need you." She shook her head, looking down at her hands which had purple marks on the palms from digging her nails in.

"No you don't." Grey argued and grabbed her hands. "You don't need me."

"Yes I do, Grey." She argued back. "I need you more than you fucking know. You've seen me at my worst. I'd be fucking dead if it wasn't for you. And now you're leaving..."