Chapter 19: Amusement Park

Aurora's POV

When graduation finally came, it was weird. Standing in front of my dorm mirror for the last time, fully dressed in Slytherin graduation robes. Then closing my trunk, and looking around the empty room like I forgot something. There was a knock on the door, and I turned around to see Harry looking at me for, the doorway, fully dressed in red Gryffindor graduation robes.

"I'm going to miss it here," I said before he was fully in the room. "This is the only place I've ever like I was home. The only place I've ever stayed more than a few months."

"I'm going to miss it here too," Harry replied, hugging me lightly, silk robes sliding against each other. "Life with the Dursleys could have been worse, I guess, if I didn't have this place. We're both going to miss it here."

We stood there for a moment, in the middle of my Slytherin dorm, then I kissed the corner of his mouth and said, "C'mon. We have to get up to the Great Hall. McGonagall is going come looking for us in a minute."

"Okay," Harry replied, the both of us walking hand-in-hand through the dungeons. McGonagall asked Harry to give the graduation speech. I know. He's not a Prefect. Not a on-going straight "O" students either, but she thinks people listen to him and will take notice of what he has to say. So she asked him to prepare the whole speech.

When he told me about this, I told him I didn't want to see the speech until everyone else did. Things turn out best when he does them by himself, and from his heart. As cheesy as it is, he's one of the people it just works best with.

We kissed quickly before going to our places once we entered the Great Hall. Harry stood behind Headmistress McGonagall, and I joined the seats of green robes. The hall was arranged green, red, yellow, then blue. I sat next to Draco, also dressed in the green emerald robes. "Aurora, I was wondering where you were! It's about to begin."

"I was finishing up packing," I answered honestly.

"Good morning Seventh Years," McGonagall began. "After  many long wonderful here at Hogwarts, your time here has come to an end. And to give the speech is Mr. Harry Potter."

Everyone clapped -less people clapping in the Slytherin section I particular- and Harry walked up to the podium and stood there a moment. He then began, "When I say our time here has been like no other you would have to agree. The Chamber of Secrets was opened, a werewolf was our teacher, the Tri-Wizard Tournament. We've lost friends, family. We found ourselves, and much more than we ever thought possible. We fought a war, and survived to tell about it. And I'm happy to have been with you for it. Until the end."

Even though it was short, it was beautiful. Simple, and true, and positively... Beautiful. Some were crying, some were cheering, others were simply smiling in pride. He did a great job.

I knew he would.

*

At Hogsmeade Station, people were hugging. Those in the younger years were saying goodbye to older friends they had made. Seventh Years were taking pictures together, making plans, and signing each other yearbooks. Harry and I walked hand-in-hand through the thin gaps in the crowd. Most of these people won't see each other until they are both dropping their children off at Kings Cross Station.

"It feels odd. Doesn't it? Knowing it's all over," Hermione said.

"I'm still thinking about what's it's going to be like to come back next year," Neville added.

"In a few years, when our kids are in this position, as Seventh Years at Hogwarts, do you think they'll think about us?" Ron asked. 

"Ron, I think that's the deepest thing you've ever said," I replied.