Chapter 20: Pinky Promise

Aurora's POV

Before I even told Draco about Harry, and I getting married, he had proposed to Emmaline.

Ahhhh! Everything seems to be happening kind of fast around me, but I think it's a good thing. For once, we're all happy. Hermione and Ron are happy, and Draco, and Emmaline, and Eliot, and- ah... It's all almost too good to be true. I woke up unbelievably content, and rolled onto my side to see Harry. He was still asleep, and looked amazingly handsome in the oddest way while sleeping. Deciding to let him sleep, I gently kissed his shoulder, and laid my head on my pillow letting it sink through. A few minutes later his eyes opened, and rolled onto his side to face me as well. "Good morning," he whispered. I smiled, kissing his nose, and he furrowed his eyebrows, asking, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, whispering back, "...I don't think I've ever been better."

He smiled, wrapping his arm around me tighter.

I hesitated a moment, before whispering, "I love you... I hope you know that."

"What do you mean?" he asked. "Why wouldn't I know that?"

I shrugged. "I guess I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I need to keep you happy."

He rose an eyebrow, smiling, and asking, "Keep me happy? I never was unhappy. I don't think you understand how simple it is for you to make me happy..."

A small smile broke out on my face, and I cuddled into him further. "Maybe... When we got engaged I've been wondering if this is what you want ever since. I've told you; you can have much better than me-"

"Even if I could, I wouldn't want anyone else," he whispered, nuzzling his nose in my neck, and kissing the back several times.

"Even if someone else was safer for you? And no that we're getting married, what if, one day, we chose to have kids? I'll bring the danger there, too-"

"You're not bring the danger anywhere," he said in a finalizing but gentle tone. "Get that out of your head. Okay?" I looked away in a doubtful way, and he held my face turning it towards him. "I'm serious, Rora. I'm not leaving anytime soon. And if one day we chose to have kids, you won't bring the danger to them. If things go well, danger may not even be around by that time. So don't worry, love."

I shook my head, whispering in an unbelievably happy sounding tone, "I love you..."

"I love you, too," he whispered. "Always will."

" ... Promise?" I asked.

"Pinky promise."

Resting my head on his shoulder, I held up my pinky and locked pinkies with him. "Pinky promise."

"Your pinky is half the size of mine!" he laughed.

"Shut up, asshole!" I laughed, nudging him.

----

There is always the possibility Draco and Emma are kinda rushing things. But I support them because they both seem very happy, and it's not like they just met. It's been six months of dating, which is nowhere near as long as Harry have dated, but who am I to judge? Emma had asked me to come with her trying on wedding dresses. And, of course, I couldn't say no to her. I mean, lately her and Draco have been the only people I talk to.

Hermione is a workaholic.

She doesn't even take a lunch break.

Literally.

She loves working.

Sure, she comes home and spends time with Ron. But that's it. Hermione's Daily Schedule: wake up, go to work (13 hours on end), comes home, visit with Ron/parents, go to sleep, repeat. And she told me I need to go out and do more... Wow.