Chapter 37: Winter

Aurora's POV

CHAOS AT THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

WITNESSES OF THE HORRIFIC EVENTS AT THIS YEAR'S QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP CLAIM ALL THEY COULD HEAR WAS "YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS"

COULD THIS BE RELATED TO THE WORK OF

HARRY AND AURORA POTTER? IS CASSTHORPIA RIDDLE BACK?

Minister Hermione Granger-Weasley comments, "The British Ministry of Magic can confirm this had nothing to do with Cassthorpia Riddle, nor anything to do with the Potter Family. The German and British aurors have conducted a series of questioning sessions on all the suspect but we cannot yet confirm what the reason for this was, nor who did it." For more information about our suspicions, see

By Jessamine Skeeter

2nd Generation, Daily Prophet Editor and Chief

"I swear, one incident at a bridal shower and now Jessamine Skeeter takes nearly every opportunity in the world to fabricate something about me."

That bridal shower for Emmaline was a long time ago.

Years ago. Eighteen years ago to be precise!

A little less than half my lifetime ago, she got pissy with me because I expressed how Rita Skeeter is full of crap ... and Jessamine just happened to be Rita Skeeter's daughter.

"Well, you can't say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ... " Harry replied, with a shrug.

"Harry, that's a very short tree, I don't understand why the apple didn't bounce a little to left or to the right or down a hill or something!"

Harry laughed and kissed my cheek.

"C'mon," I said, taking hold of his hand, "we need to meet Hermione at the Ministry."

*

"I can't even begin to think what could've happened," said Hermione, setting paperwork onto her desk in exasperation.

"I think we've all been asking the same question," Ron replied.

Ron, Harry and I sat in Hermione's office.

Earlier I had accepted Hermione's offer of coming back to the Ministry. While the kids were away there was less stress for me to do at home, and I could reasonably be occupied with other things. Other things referring to things like the well-being of the Wizarding community.

The Quidditch World Cup was still pressing into us. What happened was a mystery to all of us. It had went from celebrating to panicking in a matter of seconds, many were killed in the trampling from the stands and the field being set ablaze alone. Not to mention, the several Muggles who could recall seeing people flying and suddenly falling from the sky. It was a mess, to say the least. The investigation with Harry, Draco and I went over smoothly and we were cleared of any suspicion. In other words, everyone understands we weren't responsible for what happened.

But that still leaves the question, who or what is ... ?

"We've ruled out all possible chances of it being ... " Hermione looked for the right word to say, "Death Eater related ... Every other solution would assume terrorism but none of our relations with other countries have been rocky in years! I don't understand it. Who would ruin such a happy event for so many people?"

"Well," I began, "has Germany done anything shady lately? I mean, it's unlikely but the German Minister might not be telling us everything ... "

"True, but if he really were to hide something, how would he do it? People are spending the night in his bedroom, staying awake all night, just to make sure nothing happens to him. If he were plotting something shady, he'd need somewhere hidden to do it."