Chapter 30: Romania

Aurora's POV

I had told Harry about Hermione's offer. Turns out he already knew. Despite both of us being informed that Hermione had a job offering for us, Harry was naturally given more of the details. Apparently Hermione wanted us to visit all the magical creature reserves and sanctuaries in the Wizarding World, and attempt to investigate in any way we can. That is, beyond the possible success of the previously visited senior aurors ... Whom we cannot let catch us, at risk of suspension or other serious penalties ... No pressure or anything.

Another thing Harry had coincidently forgotten to mention to me was he had already accepted the offer, packed his bags, and sent owl to Hagrid asking to take him to the very well hidden Romanian Dragon Sanctuary.

That was when I began to reasonably think Harry had known I would be upset with him ...

And perhaps the other night was all a method of distraction. His plan of making me happy, before leaving me for a month , and pushing me to the point of possible homicide.

I sat on our bed, slightly fuming at Harry's direction, all while he argued his reasons for going against my wishes. It went something like "I know we're technically breaking the law" and "but there are people who may be doing some serious harm to these animals" ... etc. ... etc. ... When he saw that I merely heard what he was saying, but was not actually listening to him, he climbed onto the bed with me and laid his head in my lap.

"Aurora, I'm sorry. I know you and Hermione are on complicated terms at the moment but this is bigger than us."

"I know ... B- ... but why didn't you tell me before?" I asked quietly, hugging onto him tighter. "I support all of your choices but I do wish you would've told me sooner."

"What would you've said if I had??"

"I'm not going to deny you the right to do the things you care about just because I want your time for selfish reasons. If you thought that's exactly what I was going to do then maybe I can understand why you didn't tell me ... " I sighed. "I'm just sad you hadn't told me before you were actually leaving."

Harry thought about what to say a moment.

Then he played with my hair and quietly said, "Come."

"Who's going to watch Teddy while you're gone??" I asked. "I'll be okay."

"We could ask Mrs. Weasley to watch him."

----

I admit I had little faith when Harry said he would pack my bag while I got Teddy ready for the Weasley's. But Harry surprised as he frequently popped into Teddy's room to ask, "You like this shirt right? You're always comfortable in it," or "These are your favorite jeans, do you want to bring these?" It was a comforting side note to keep in mind that Harry valued my comfort over his sex appeal and wouldn't be transfiguring any of my underwear into thongs when I wasn't looking ... Maybe that was just a high school thing when kids were horny and dumb, but I don't know ... I think of not being enough quite often, for some reason.

Teddy was in a abnormally quiet mood. Lately he had been asking multiple questions upon questions where his actual mummy and daddy were. And we always give him the honest (sugar-coated) answers, but I can tell he still wants and needs more. He's never been upset with us. But it does upset him.

"You okay, Teddy?"

"I'm fine," he nodded, petting Remus quietly.

"Okay, then. Excited to see Aunt Molly?" I smiled. "She misses you."

"I know she does," was all he said.

I packed the rest of his clothes in silence and we left shortly after.