Chapter 31: Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them

Aurora's POV

We spent a week in the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary, investigation in the works. Several baby dragon eggs had been stolen, even more slightly injured in the crime scene. We helped the dragon healers take care of the cracked eggs. They told us how it had happened. How three of the facility's dragon trainers had been mauled so severely from hexes and curses they were sent into emergency care at St. Mungo's. How they actually managed to turn the stolen dragons savage. Despite their being no known way of taming one, the beasts went rogue. Like they were being controlled. For several weeks the scholars in the building have been attempting to understand how this was done but to no such luck, for they cannot recreate the scene with test subjects.

While doing the investigation, the sanctuary welcomed us with open arms and let us stay in a room meant for a dragon trainer. The walls were painted tan and dark red curtains covered the bright windows. The bed was more comfortable then the one we had at home, and for a minute I considered taking it home. Harry was already up before me and writing down stuff from the case. I cuddled around the blankets, trying to not bounce the bed springs.

"You have a cute focus face," I commented.

"Not exactly focused anymore ... Just got up?" He yawned, taking off his glasses and rubbing his face in exhaustion.

"Yeah," I said. "How long have you been up?"

"Awhile," he shrugged.

"Aw, Harry, it's late. Come get some sleep."

"But I- I need to finish-"

"Harry," I mumbled, getting up and dragging him from his chair. He could've protested but he didn't. I could clearly distinguish the drowsiness in his face. Harry took off his shirt and pants and plopped down on the bed. Legs hanging off the side.

"Harry, you need to move a bit-"

"No, I'm too tired."

"Ugh, love, I can't hold you-"

"Not moving ... " he trailed off.

Seconds later he was snoring loudly.

Why must he do things to me? I thought.

I took out my wand from my suitcase and directed it at the sleepy lump on the bed. Squish and flick. "Windgardium Leviosa."

Harry rose two feet from where he rested and fell back down with his head on the pillows and body on the rest of the bed. I sighed, set my wand on the bedside table and crawled back into bed. Harry curled an arm under me and kissed my forehead. I cuddled into his shoulder resting my head in the crook of his neck.

"Goodnight, love." He mumbled, 90% asleep already.

"Goodnight, babe."

----

I liked the time we spent with dragons. We did all we could for the people there, and kindly thanked them for letting us stay there. Even though they didn't ask for payment, I left the 100 gold galleons to help with with the repairing. Between the German Werewolf Reservation and Swiss Giant Villages, everyone seemed to be saying the same thing.

"They came in the middle of the night, and took everyone they could get their hands on."

Dragons, werewolves, Giants, dementors now too. All of them just suddenly being kidnapped and taken away without a trace. Centaurs, grindylows ... Everyone and everything.

Harry and I had temporarily rented a flat in Wizarding Germany. It was nice here. It had a big open window that overlooked Muggle Berlin, and the only furniture was a couch in the living room and a bed in the bedroom. No walls separated these two rooms, it was more of one big room that included a kitchen. But it was nice here and I did like it.