6.

Karis gave herself one last look in the mirror. Her outfit consisted of a pair of jeans shorts, a pink and beige graphic shirt, and a pair of dunks to match. She paired the outfit with gold jewelry and went with a fourteen inch lace front with a side part and a few curls. She decided against the thirty inch wig Kennedi suggested because the temperature was in the nineties.

The doorbell rung and Karis quickly grabbed her brown crossbody purse, phone, and keys. She checked herself one more time before going to open the door.

Taylor smiled once Karis opened the door. He was wearing a pair of forrest green hoochie daddy shorts, a fresh white t-shirt, and a fresh pair of ones to match his shorts and shirt. He also wore a hat that went with his outfit as well.

"Hey, beautiful." He said as he kissed her lips. "You ready?"

Karis smiled back. "Yes, but let me make sure I unplugged my flat iron and hot comb."

Taylor laughed. "Alright, take your time."

Karis quickly went to check her hair appliances then rejoined Taylor once she was sure that they were unplugged. She locked the door and they got into Taylor's mustang to make their way to his parents' house.

"Are you sure we're not too late?" Karis asked as as applied chapstick to her lips. She only had on a simple pair of lashes. She did not want to be sweating with a full face of makeup.

"We're good. I promise." Taylor assured her. "They don't live far from you."

"Okay, I'm trusting you." Karis replied.

"As you should." Taylor said, kissing her hand.

They arrived to Taylor's childhood home about ten minutes later. Taylor got out of the car and opened the door for Karis before they walked hand in hand to the backyard.

"My baby is here!" Taylor's mom, Vale said as she approached them. She gave Taylor a hug and a kiss before showing Karis some love as well. "Oh my gosh! She is so beautiful! Taylor said he was bringing a girl and I did not believe it! My name is Vale. It is so nice to meet you, honey!"

Karis smiled. "It's nice to meet you too. I'm Karis."

"You're so gorgeously made!" Vale said. "Afa, Taylor is here with his girlfriend!"

"Mom, mom." Taylor chuckled. "Settle down, okay? We don't have a title just yet."

"Oh, please. You finally brought a girl here to meet me! You two are damn near married!" Vale protested.

"Vale, are you causing trouble?" Afa asked as he greeted his son.

"Afa, honey. This is Taylor's girlfriend, Karis." Vale said.

Afa chuckled. "It's nice to meet you, princess. Excuse my beautiful wife—she's very excited."

Karis smiled. She noticed that Taylor was his mother's twin, but he got his calm personality from his father. "It's nice to meet you too. No need to excuse her. She's sweet."

"See, I'm sweet." Vale said. "Now, let's go meet everyone else and get you something to eat. The food just finished."

Karis looked at Taylor as Vale snatched her away. Taylor gave her a thumbs up, assuring her that she was fine.