Stop Keeping Secrets

After Bey got in her car she turned on the radio. “Rumor has it that Beyonce and Jay Z are headed for divorce!” she turned off the radio. She decided to drive to Kelly’s house in silence.

When she pulled into Kelly’s driveway she saw Kelly standing at the door.

“Hey Kelly!” Beyoncé said while practically jumping into her best friends arms.”

“Woah!” Kelly said while releasing Bey from her embrace. “You saw me like two weeks ago.”

“A lot can happen in two weeks.” Bey said while closing the front door behind her.

“Let’s talk about it shall we?” Kelly said while walking to the kitchen.

Bey sat on the counter while Kelly opened her refrigerator and pulled out a big ass bag of grapes and washed them.

“Well” Bey started. “Yesterday Jay and I took everyone who went on tour with us skating.”

Kelly nodded letting Bey know that she was listening.

“While we were there I saw this girl getting corned by this guy and she was yelling at him to get away from her.”

“Oh God Beyonce. What did you do?

“I went over there and asked her if she was okay and stuff like that.”

“And the guy?”

“Well he got all up in my face but Jay saw us and came over there ready to fight him and shit.”

“So what happened to the girl? Is she okay?”

  “Well…”

“Spit it out!”

“She’s kind of staying with Jay and I..for now anyways.”

“And Jay was okay with that?” Kelly asked while throwing another grape in her mouth.

“Yeah. He said it was fine.”

“How come you just didn’t take her home to her parents or something?”

“Well her name is Cori, and she said that he mom was raped and her dad is in jail.”

“That’s sad. Where is she from?”

“Houston.”

“Beyonce…” Kelly said.

“I know what you’re thinking Kelly but she’s not my child.”

“Bey, think about it hun. You were raped at 15 and got pregnant and had the baby in Houston.”

“That doesn’t mean anything. She looks nothing like me.”

“How old is she?”

“I don’t know! Maybe 15 or 16.”

“And she said her dad is locked up.”

“That could be anyone!”

“Or she could be talking about –” Kelly got cut off by Bey.

“Don’t say his name. I hate that bastard.”

“Beyoncé, all jokes aside, that could be your baby. You need to tell Jay the truth.”

“He knows the truth.”

“Beyoncé you told Jay that you had an abortion with Lynd— I mean..his baby.”

“I didn’t want to kill my baby. Rape or not the baby was still mine.”

“Like I said, you need to tell Jay that you had the baby and that it could be Cori.”

“I just don’t get it. Out of all the people in the world I could have taken into my home I can’t believe that it could possibly be my daughter.”

“Bey, you need to tell him. And if she is your daughter ..”

“She’s not. The only thing we have in common is our appetite.”

“Your appetite!? She’s definitely yours.”

“Kelly.”

“Tell your husband!”

“Kelly!”

“Don’t argue with my Bey! You know I’m right.”

“I’m pregnant.”

Kelly gasped.

“Congratulations!”

 Bey sighed.

“Are we not happy about this?”

“Of course I am. It’s just that… Jay and I aren’t on the best of terms right now, and then Cori and and Blue and I’m about to have another baby Kelly! I just got off tour.”

“Did you tell Jay yet?”

“Nope.”

“You want your marriage to work?”

“Yes of course I do.”

“Then stop keeping secrets from him.”

“You’re right.”

“So you’re going to go home and tell your husband that you’re pregnant.”

Bey nodded her head.

“And that Cori could possibly be your child.”

She nodded again.

“Great! Now get out of my house.”

“Kelly!”

“Yes?”

“How you just gone kick me out like that?”

“Because I see you eyeing my refrigerator and I refuse to cook for you and your baby.”

“I can’t tell Jay right now. I will do it soon though.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“I love you girl.”

“I love you too Kelly.”

Kelly walked her to the door and gave her another big hug before Bey got in her Range Rover and pulled off.