Christmas Eve

Jay POV

It’s Christmas Eve and that means that I get to go home and spend time with the kids. I pulled up at my house and tried to get into it. Did she really change the locks on my ass? I pulled out my phone and called my wife.

“What Shawn?” She said picking up on the second ring.

“Explain to me why I can’t get into my house.” I said.

“I changed the locks.”

“Obviously.”

“You must want to stay outside.” She said.

“Unlock the door Beyoncé.” I said.

She hung up the phone and a few moments later the door opened. “Thanks Angie.” I said.

“Mhumm.” She said. She rolled her eyes at me walked off.

I walked up stairs and went into Blue’s room. “Blue.” I said.

“Daddy!” She said jumping into my arms.

“Hey munchkin. How are you?”

“Good!” She said.

“That’s good. Let’s go get Cori.” I said.

“Ok daddy.” She said. I put her on my back and spun her around a few times before we left the room.

I knocked on Cori’s door.

“Who is it?” She asked.

“It’s ya daddy.” I said.

She didn’t say anything. She’s still mad at me for what I did to her mother. I understand.

“Cori.” I said.

She didn’t say anything. She did turn her TV up though. It sounded like she was watching The Cosby Show. I was about to say something else when, to my surprise, Bey came out of her room. She looked at me but and didn’t say anything. She walked over and knocked on Cori’s door.

“Who is it?” I heard Cori say.

“Open the door.” Bey said.

I heard rummaging and then the door unlocked.

“Thank you.” I said to Bey. She rolled her eyes at me then opened Cori’s door. She walked in and turned to face me. She looked at me for a minute then slammed the door.  

“Well Blue, looks like it’s just you and me.” I said.

-----------------------------

Bey POV

“Cori your father is here.” I said.

“I know.” She said.

“It’s Christmas Eve for God’s sake. Go talk to him.” I said.

“Why do I have to talk to him and you don’t?”

“Because I’m an adult and you’re not.”

“But ma-”

“Momma nothing. Stop being disrespectful.” I said.

“I’ll stop when you stop.” She said.

I just looked at her. She is truly my daughter.

“Put on some shoes, grab your cell phone and a coat. Be downstairs in 5 minutes.” I said. I walked out of Cori’s room and into mine. I found Jay laying on his side of the bed having a full conversation with Blue. I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.