Christmas Aftermath

Cori POV

 “The drive wasn’t that long.” I said closing my car door.

“Only because the party was at the halfway mark.” Kelan said.

“Yeah yeah.” I said.

“How you been doing in school?”

“Out of all the things we could possibly talk about you picked my grades?”

“Yes.”

“Well if you must know my grades are fine.”

“Define fine.”

“3 A’s 2 B’s and 1 C.”

“You need to get that C up to a B and them B’s up to A’s.”

“I know I’m trying. Speaking of school are coming back?”

“I’m going to public school.”

“Which one?”

“The one across the street from your school.”

“Oh that’s not too bad.”  I said while unlocking to door the condo. I walked in first and turned on the lights.

“Damn girl. Yo mama got money.” Kelan said closing the door and locking it.

“Yeah she does.” I said putting the key down on the table.

“She got food in here?” Kelan asked looking for the kitchen.

“If she does it’s old. She doesn’t come here often.”

“She has ice cream, chips, chocolate, and water.” He said. Looks like he found the kitchen.

“Kelan baby come look at this view.” I said. There were windows lined up on the opposite side of the door. It was beautiful. The moon light hit the off white furniture perfectly. “It’s beautiful.” I said looking at it in awe (Picture attached).  I felt Kelan’s hands grip my waist.

“Yeah, it is.” He said. We just stood there looking and watching the stars. After a while Kelan started moving his hands up to the sides of my body and back down to the small of my back. He squeezed my waist and kissed my neck. I turned to face him.

“How’s your mom?” I asked him.

“She’s doing great. She had to go through another surgery and they removed the tumor. She’s been out of the hospital for a little over a week. My Aunt is watching her.”

“I’m glad she’s doing better.”

“Me too.”

“Come on. Let’s see what else this place has.” I said grabbing his hand and pulling him behind me. “This must be the master.” I said opening the door.

“Yeah, looks like it.”

“Crap!” I said. I face palmed myself.

“What?”

“I missed Scandal.” I said pouting.

“Oh yeah, I forgot that you watched that show. Well its Friday now so it should be on demand by now.” He said.

“True. Pass me the remote.”

He handed it to me and we both sat on the bed. “Yes! It’s on here! Turn off the lights.” I said.

He chuckled but did it anyways. I went to the top of the bed and sat up while Kelan laid at the bottom of the bed. Around the middle of the episode Kelan shifted his body weight which made his head block the TV.