Approval

Cori POV

It’s about 6 in the afternoon and they’re almost done. I must say, I’m very impressed; the rehearsal was just like the show, minus the wardrobe changes and Jay. It was very entertaining. And gawtdamn did the twins look sexy as hell.

Laurent took his shirt off a while ago because he got hot, I was just staring at him. Tall, nice hair-ish, his abs. I bit my lip looking at him. I started feeling some type of way. Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let it show.

“Like what you see?” Laurent asked making me jump.

“Hum?” I asked innocently.

“You’ve been staring at me like that for the last 10 minutes.” He said getting water.

“My bad.”

“So did you enjoy watching me dance?” He asked sitting down next to me.

“You did ight.” I said messing with him.

“Oh, I did ight?” He said mocking me.

“Yeah you did ight.”

He was about to say something when my mom walked over to us. “Hey, you ready to go?”

I nodded my head yes. “And can we get something to eat?” I’m hungry as hell.

“Yeah.”

I stood up and told Laurent bye. He pulled me into a hug. I was blushing when he released. I turned around and my mom had an eyebrow raised. I rolled my eyes at her, but in a playful way. Not enough to get me in trouble. She walked back to the stage. I guess she forgot something.

“Did you ask my mom?”

“Not yet.”

“Are you gonna ask her? We’re about to leave.” I said.

“I got this. Relax.” He said. His accent came out when he said relax and I almost lost my mind right there.

He was about to speak again probably something regarding my facial expression, but something hit his face.

“Put your shirt on.” My mom said. “I’m going to the car. You have three minutes or I’m leaving you.” She said starting to walk out. Here we go again with her damn mood swings.

“Wait.” Laurent said.

“What?” She said turning around.

“Can I take Cori out?” He asked.

“On a date?” She asked. I wanted to say ‘well duh.’ But I’m not stupid.

“Sorta. I just wanna get to know her.”

She looked at him like he was crazy. “Absolutely not.” She said.

“Just as friends.”

“No Laurent. You’re 25, almost 26. You’re closer to my age than hers. Y’all are almost 10 years apart. No.” She said. Her decision sounded a little iffy, but I didn’t bother saying anything. I was a little sad, but I understood.

“Okay.” He said. He sounded defeated but it was still sexy. “I guess I’ll see you next time.” He said before walking away.

“Ma.” I said.

“Ahh- I don’t wanna hear it. I’ll talk to Jay when we get home before I make the final decision.” She said walking away.

I didn’t say anything but I followed her.

-----------------------

Bey POV

It’s about 10 at night and me and Jay are up watching some movie. I don’t even know the name of it.