That's Why You're Beautiful

Bey  POV

“Am I gonna go to prison or juvi?” She asked honestly. I mean, she did just throw her now ex off a ship knowing he can’t swim.

“It was self-defense.” Kelly said.

“It was anger.” She replied back

“He hit you Cori.” Kelly said.

“Earlier today.”

“But he still hit you. And he touched baby Blue.”

“So I had the right to kill him?” She asked. Everyone shifted in their seats a little.  She nodded her head knowing the answer.

“If you didn’t kill him I would have.” Jay said.

She nodded her head and gave a soft faint smile.

“So do I call the police?” She asked.

“No. I’ll handle it.” Jay said before getting up. He took Solo, Kelly, Michelle, and Blue with him. I swear they have their own gang. As soon as they were out of eye sight I turned my attention back to Cori.

She was looking for something to break. She was hitting the table and kicking the couch and practically pulling her hair out and yelling. I was about to go over there but Danielle stopped me. “Don’t touch her. Let her get it out.” She said.

“She’s done this before?” I asked.

“Once or twice when we were younger. She just needs something to break.” She said.

I nodded and looked around. I saw a glass vase and a couple of plates. I tapped Danni on her shoulder and pointed. She went to grab them.

“CC.” She said. Cori looked up and her eyes immediately went to the plates and glass vase Danielle was holding.  “CC calm down.” She said before walking over to her. Cori was still breathing hard but she stopped kicking and screaming. Danielle sat the plates and the vase on the table and quickly walked away from Cori.

Cori threw the plates on the ground screaming and cursing. After all the plates were gone she picked up the vase. She put it up in the air about to throw it down but she stopped and looked at me. “How much was this vase?” She asked.

“Break it.” I said.

She wasted no time throwing it on the ground. As soon as it hit the floor she covered her face with both hands trying not to get glass on her.

I’ve never seen her like this.

After she was done she carefully walked over the mess she made and sat on the floor in between Danielle and I. She pressed her back to the wall of the boat and grabbed her knees pulling them into her. She wrapped her arms around them and rocked her body back and forth while crying.

Before I could even say anything Danielle was by her side holding her. I listened to their conversation.

“You remember when it was your birthday and mom got you that Barbie doll?” Danielle asked.

Cori nodded.

“You took that thing with you everywhere. What did you name it again? It started with an A.”

I saw Cori smile a little. “Alissa” she said.

“That’s right. And you would get upset when anyone touched her.” Danielle said.

Cori smiled a little bigger.

“Like the time you forgot it at school and made Travis walk back to get it in the middle of the night.” Danielle said poking Cori on the side.