Happy Birthday (Part 2: Movies and Lunch)

Cori POV

I spent the majority of breakfast scared shitless. I avoided looking at her even though I could feel her looking at me. I looked at Danielle or Blue most of the time. I knew that at any second my mom could jump across the table and snatch me up. I thanked the Lord that she didn’t. But I’m not holding my breath, the day is just beginning.

“What movie do you want to see?” My dad asked.

“Mmmm. Can we see Addicted?” I asked.

“No. Blue is here, pick a family movie.” My mom said walking over to me. She stood to the left of me and I took a noticeably large step away from her. I’m not about to get my ass beat standing in line for a movie. That’s of the devil. I rebuke that shit. Got me ‘bout fucked up.

“Can we see Maleficent again?” I asked.

“Yeah!” Blue said. She clapped her hands. She’s so adorable.

“Alright, Maleficent it is.” My dad said. “7 tickets for the next showing of Maleficent please.” My dad said. He slid the person behind the booth a 50 dollar bill and told him to keep the change. He gave my dad all 7 tickets.

“It starts in 30 minutes. What y’all wanna do?” He asked turning to us.

“Arcade room.” Kelan suggested.

“That’s fine with me.” I said.

My dad walked to the door and opened. He held to door for all of us as we were going through it.

“I’ll go get some change.” My mom said walking off.

“Bet I can beat you in a game of air hockey.” Kelan said nudging me.

“What you wanna bet?” I asked.

“Danielle.” He said.

I laughed. “Are you serious?” I said.

“Yes. Loser has to put up with Danielle when we go back to school.” He said.

“I’m not that bad.” Danielle said crossing her arms.

“Tuh!” I said to her. I grabbed Kelan’s hand. “Deal.” We shook on it.

My mom came back a few seconds later and handed the coins to Danielle. “I hate both of you.” She said putting money in the machine so it would turn on.

“We love you more.” I said grabbing the Hathaway and the puck. I placed it on the table and we went in. 

--------------------------

“Y’all have been playing this stupid game for 20 minutes. Can y’all hurry up please so we can get good seats?” Danielle asked.

“Right. It’s taking them to long.” My mom said.

“It’s because we’re both really good.” I said.

“Or both really bad.” Danielle said.

“YES! I WON!” I said doing my little dance. “I want a rematch.” He said.

“Nope. I won. You’re stuck with her crazy butt for the rest of the week.” I said laughing.

“I’m standing right here.” She said. I grabbed her hand. “You know I love you.” I said kissing her cheek.

“Whatever. Can we go get seats now?” She said.

“What you rushing for? That movie has been out for 2 months. Ain’t nobody gone be in there.” I said.

“Don’t talk to my baby like that.”  My mom said grabbing Danielle and hugging her. I swear she likes her more than me.

“She is right though. No one is going to be in there.” Laurent said speaking for the first time.