A Not So Happy Birthday

Jay POV

December 3rd. 11:58 p.m. 2 more minutes.

I was watching highlights from the Nets game when the door swung open.

“1 more minute. Man you’re getting old.” Cori said yawning and sitting on my bed.

“What you yawing for? You can’t hang?” I asked teasing her.

“I’m sleepy. I stayed up just to tell you Happy Birthday.” She said yawning again.

“I appreciate the love.”

12:00 a.m. December 4th.

“Happy Birthday Jigga. I don’t know where mom is but I’m sure she’ll be in here soon. And for the love of GOD can you two please keep it down? I have an anatomy test in the morning and I really need to pass. Happy Birthday again and goodnight.” She said before standing back up. She walked out of my room and closed the door behind her.

Now that I think about it…where is my wife? I remember her saying something about her dance studio. Maybe she’s still in there. I put on my slides and walked to the dance studio. I saw flashing lights and some movement so I opened the door and went in.

“Happy Birthday Shawn.” I heard Bey say. I looked around but I didn’t see her.

“Have a seat baby.” I heard her say again.

I looked around and still didn’t see her so I pulled out a chair and sat down. I slid down slowly because I was a little suspicious. Then I heard the entrance for Dance For You and got really excited.

Bey came out from God knows where and started dancing around me giving me a show. Even pregnant she is the most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on. I’m so blessed to have her in my life. I wonder what I would do without her. I wonder what type of person I would be. She has changed my life so much.

By the time the dance was over I was spaced out.

“Jay. Jay.” Bey said waving her had in my face.

“Yeah?” I said looking up to meet her eyes.

“Are you okay? You seem a little distracted.” She said.

“The only thing that’s distracting me is all that ass.” I said.

She chuckled at me and pulled me up holding both of my hands. I picked her up bridal style and carried her back into our room. I laid her down on our bed and went to work.

-------------------------------

Cori POV

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. I looked over to my clock at it said 7:15 a.m. I rolled out of bed and tripped on a box. Why is there a box in here? I picked up the box and put it on my desk. I grabbed some scissors and cut open the box.

When I opened to box I immediately knew who it was from. I sighed and rubbed my temples. I took everything out of the box one by one. A box of brownies, a swimming suit, a plane ticket, and his medical bill. I put them all back in the box and slid it under my bed not wanting to deal with Dallas ever again.

I took a warm shower, put on some light make up and grabbed something warm to wear.

I walked down stairs to the kitchen and saw my mom cooking food. “Hey momma.” I said trying to grab a piece of bacon. She hit my hand.

“Those aren’t for you.” She said.

“I’m hungry.” I said.

“Get you some cereal or drive through on your way to school.” She said.