5 Kitchens

“We’re back!” Cori said while walking into the house.

“Kitchen!” Jay screamed back.

Cori walked in the kitchen and didn’t see them. She was confused. Bey stuck her head in the kitchen that Cori was in and said “Not this one. They’re in the other one.” Come on.

“Oh. Umm..okay.”

They walked into the other kitchen and Bey sat the bags of food on the table.

“Cori, do me a favor and grab the plates.”

“Yes mam.” Cori said while opening up the first cabinet she saw.

“Don’t call me mam!” Bey reminded her.

“My b.” Cori said.

Cori put the plates on the table and Bey took the food out of the boxes and placed them on the plates. Jay walked over to the table and put Blue in her highchair from Auntie Oprah.

“Food.” Blue said.

“Yes baby.” Bey said.

“Can we eat now?” Cori asked.

“Go for it.” Jay said.

They sat there in silence for a while until Blue broke it.

“Good food Mommy.” Blue said clapping her hands.

“I guess it is pretty good. But not as good as Popeyes.” She said.

“Rudy’s Chicken is better.” Cori said.

‘Never that.” Bey retorted.

Jay noticed that Cori and Bey were getting a little too comfortable with each other, especially since they are taking Cori to a group home. He decided to interrupt the two of them arguing over which chicken place was better.

“So Cori,” Jay said. Cori looked at him. “I think that I’ve found a good group home for you to stay in. It’s about an hour away from here and – ” Bey interrupted him. “And Jay, you and I will talk about this later. Now isn’t the time.” He nodded. He knew by the way that she said ‘that’, she wasn’t going anywhere.

“Actually, can you tell me about it?” Cori asked.

Bey just looked at her. “No.”

“Why not? If I’m leaving I would at least like to know where I’m going.”

“Cori leaving?” Blue asked. She looked like she was about to cry. Cori picked her up.

“Yes, Cori is leaving Blue.” Jay said. Bey looked at him but wasn’t giving him full eye contact. That was until he said “Because this isn’t her home and we aren’t her parents. She needs a place to stay.”

Cori didn’t look at him. She continued to let him talk and he went on to explain what the place looked like and how many people were there. She just crossed her legs, right over left, and started to bounce baby Blue. Jay noticed that she was doing the same thing Bey does when she’s trying to control her temper.

Beyoncé just sat there looking down at her plate. She felt guilty about all that was going on at the table. All she really wanted to do was watch the video to find out of Cori was actually hers.

“Are you listening?” Jay asked Cori.

She nodded her head but was still looking down at Blue. “Look at me.” Jay said.

“Jay, don’t talk to her like she’s your child. You can’t make her look at you.” Bey said.

“And stop acting like you want her to stay here in this house, she isn’t our daughter.”