Nervous Princess

“You see that little black circle right there?” The doctor said pointing at the monitor.  “That’s the head.”

“Wow.” Bey said with tears about to fall.

“Why are you crying?” Cori asked her.

“The baby is just so beautiful.” Bey said.

“Child please, that is a black dot.” Kelly said standing up and walking up to the monitor. Cori did the same. “I’ll be right back.” The doctor said while leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

“But it’s my baby guys. It’s going to be so beautiful.” Bey said crying.

“You better pray that the baby don’t come out looking like your pet gorilla.” Kelly said under her breath. Cori laughed.

“What you say about my man Kelly? Don’t make me fight you with this baby in my stomach.” Bey said sitting herself up on her elbows. She started crying again.

“Bey, baby calm down. It’s not even that serious.” Kelly said walking back over to Bey.

“I know. It’s just…” She started crying harder and laid back down on the hospital bed.

“Your hormones.” Kelly said.

Bey nodded and sat up again, her hand groped Kelly’s boob on accident. “Bey stop assaulting my body. I know your hormones are acting crazy right now and you’re horny and I know I’m sexy but damn. We’re in public.” Kelly said stepping back.

“Shut up Kelly. Don’t nobody want you. I got a man honey.” Bey said.

Cori laughed. “Ya’ll are crazy.” She said.

The doctor walked back in. “I need you to come back for a checkup in three weeks.” He said writing something down on his paper. “You can sign out at the front desk.” He said walking out.

“Cori, hand me my pants.” Bey said standing up.

“Here.”

Once Bey had them on they walked to the office and she signed out.

------------------

“Are we almost there?” Cori asked.

“If you ask me that question one more time I swear.” Kelly said.

“Kelly, be nice. She’s just nervous.” Bey said. “And yes, we’re almost there.”

“And what are you nervous for? It’s family.” Kelly said

“No. That’s your family. I don’t know them, besides; half of them don’t even know I exist.” Cori said.

“That’s not true.” Bey said.

“Yes it is.” Kelly said looking at Bey and then back to the road.

“See. And what if they don’t like me? What if they judge me or what if—”

“We’re here!” Kelly said pulling into Momma Tina’s house. She put the car in park and took the keys out. She turned back to look at Cori and said “Don’t be nervous sweetheart. They are just like Beyoncé, as sweet as can be. But I hope you don’t mind people hugging you, because you will be getting a lot of hugs.” She finished her sentence and looked at Bey. “Alright. I’ll see ya’ll inside.” Kelly said getting out of the car.

“Come on.” Bey said getting out of the car a couple seconds after Kelly. She opened the door for Cori and helped her out.

“Thanks.” She said looking down at the ground.

Bey sighed. “Keep your head up.” Bey said. “You’ll be fine. I promise.” Just as she was saying that Jay came outside.

“Hey, how did it go?” Jay asked walking towards them.

“Hey baby, it was fine.” Bey said giving him a quick peck on the lips. “Can I talk to Cori for a second?” Jay asked.

“Yeah, sure.” She said turning her attention back to Cori. “Cori, are you okay to be alone with Jay? He wants to talk to you about something.” Bey said.

Cori nodded. “Alright, I’ll be inside if you need me.” She said turning to walk away.

“Cori, do you know who your mother is?” Jay asked her.

“Beyoncé.” She said looking confused.

“Right. And everyone calls her what?”

“Queen Bey.” Cori said looking up.

“So if she’s the Queen and you’re her daughter what does that make you?

“A princess.”

“And a princess has a tiara.”

“Yeah.” Cori said looking back down.

“If you keep looking down like that” Jay grabbed her chin and pushed it up a little. “Your tiara will fall off.” He said letting go of her face and putting his hands back down to his side. “Let’s go in. There are people who want to meet you.” He said.

Cori nodded but hesitated to walk. “What if they don’t like me?” she asked.

“What if they do?” Jay retorted. “But you don’t have anything to worry about. If they liked me they will love you. I promise.” Jay said. “Let’s go inside.”

“Okay.” Cori said as she started to walk. When they got to the door Jay put his hand on the door knob and turned it. She looked back at him.

“Go ahead princess. And remember to keep your head up or—”

“My tiara will fall off.” She said finishing his sentence.

Jay nodded and pushed the door open and let Cori walk on first.