Obsessed

“Jay!” Bey screamed as she walked into her mansion. She closed the door and locked it then put her keys down on the little table. She walked a little further into the house and into the living room. She giggled to herself as she saw Jay asleep on the couch with baby Blue on his chest. She grabbed the cover from the  other side of the couch and covered them up with it.

She started walking up stairs to go into her room when she heard laughing. This caused Bey to freeze in the steps. She listened again. She smiled to herself because she knew it was Cori, the she frowned when she realized she and Cori had the same laugh. She turned on her heel and walked back downstairs into the movie room.

“Hey.” Bey said as she walked into the room. She closed the door behind her.

“Hey.” Cori said. Bey sat down in the seat lazy boy chair next to her.

“Whatcha laughing at?” Bey asked

“Sorry! I didn’t realize I was that loud. And you actually.” Cori said as she pointed to the big screen.

“No worries. You sound like me when you laugh so it caught me a little off guard!”

Cori nodded and smiled.

“And what do you mean me!?” Bey asked looking up at her big screen.

“I’m laughing at you dragging this crazy bitch on the floor.”

“Obsessed.”

“I am not obsessed with you! You just happen to be my favorite singer at the moment.” Cori laughed.

“At the moment!?”

“Nah! I’m kidding Bey, BeyStand for life!”

They both laughed.

“That was funny. But I was talking about the movie. The movie is called Obsessed.” Bey added.

‘Duh! Did you not hear what I just said? BeyStand for life baby! I know what movie this is.”

Bey chuckled. “Mind if I stay in here and watch it with you? I haven’t seen it in a while.”

“You don’t have to ask me, it's your house, do as you wish. But I thought you said you don’t like to watch yourself on TV.”

“See! You are obsessed with me!” Bey laughed while getting out of the lazy boy chair and sitting on the couch with Cori.

“I am not! I’ve just seen your interviews!”

“You are soooo obsessed with me! Don’t deny it.” Bey said as she started to tickle Cori on her side.

Cori was laughing. “I’m not obsessed, I swear!” Cori laughed harder and Bey continued to tickle her. “Stop! I can’t breathe.” Cori said.

“Nuh uh! Not until you admit it!”

“Okay okay! I may be a little obsessed with you.” Cori said while she started to catch her breath again.

“That’s what I thought.” Bey said as she sat herself back up. Cori was still smiling.

“I guess I do kinda laugh like you.”

“Yes you do.

“Can we finish watching the movie please? This is my favorite part, she about to die.”

Bey chuckled and said “Sure.” She was about to get up and go back in the lazy boy chair to give Cori some space. She didn’t want to make her uncomfortable. Cori grabbed her wrist.

“Where are you going?”

“Just to sit in the chair. I don’t want to make you uncomfortable.”

“After you just attacked me!? Nah. I’m pretty comfortable. Sit.”

“Okay.” Bey sat back down in her position on couch just as the blonde girl in the movie fell through the attic. Bey got cold and grabbed the cover that was next to her. She saw Cori shiver and motioned for her to come closer so they could share the cover.

“Thanks.” Cori said as she got under the covers. She almost immediately laid her head on Bey’s shoulder and just as quickly Bey put an arm around her; just as her mother had done to her when she was a teen. The scary thing is, it felt normal, for both of them.

------------

As Beyonce’s song “Smash Into You” came to an end she look down and saw that Cori was asleep. She sighed to herself. She kissed Cori on the forehead and just sat there. Another song came on that Bey never really noticed was in the movie, it was just an instrumental to some song with the tech crew being announced. As it was playing, Bey reflected on all the happened in the last 24 hours; from picking up Cori to the argument with Jay and to the conversation with Kelly. She knew that she didn’t want Cori to be her daughter; it would be too much to handle at the moment. She remembered all the things she said as she was giving birth and all the things she said as she placed her daughter at the front door of the fire department. She let a tear fall from her eye and she said “Please God, let this be my daughter.” A few more tears fell from her face and fell onto Cori, of course she didn’t notice until Cori woke up from her very short nap.

“Why are you crying?” Cori asked snapping Bey out of her thoughts.

“I’m not.”

Cori sighed and whipped her tears away. “Don’t cry.”

Bey smiled and sniffled a little. “Sorry for getting tears on you.” She chuckled a bit.

“No worries Bey.”

“Bey?”

“Yeah. You said I could call you anything I wanted to call you remember?”

“Yes, I remember.”

There was a moment of silence.

 “I know a name you can call me.” Bey said.

“So do I.” Cori said.

Bey giggled. “What did you have in mind?”

Here goes nothing Cori thought to herself.

“Mom.”

It caught Beyoncé completely off guard; her heart even skipped a couple beats. She quickly thought of all the possibilities, there is no way she knows who I am…or could be.

“Why would you say that?”

Cori sighed and lifted her head up so she was looking directly at Bey.

“Because you’re my mom.” She just said above a whisper.

Bey’s eyes got really big and she said… “Shit.”