Family Altercation

Cori POV

I was in my room with my little sister Blue chilling when the doorbell rang. I heard it but I was too lazy to get it. Hell I have parents, they can get the door. My mom called me on my cell phone. “Hello.” I said.

“Cori ge- get the door! Shit Jay.” My mom screamed.

“Why can’t dad get it? I’m in my room.” I said.

The doorbell rang again. “FUCK! YEEESS DADDY!” She moaned.

I screamed and threw my phone on the bed. After I got myself together I ran downstairs to get the door. “Who is it!?” I screamed.

“Jerica.”

Why is she over here? I opened the door and let her in. “What’s up?” I asked after I closed the door and locked it back.

“Can I sit down?” She asked.

“Uhh yeah sure.” I said. I sat down across from her on the other couch. “What is it?”

“How are you and Laurent?” She asked.

“We’re doing just fine.” I said. What’s going on in my relationship has nothing to do with her. Why is she worried about it?

“Well that’s good.” She said.

“Yeah.” I said. There was an awkward silence and we just kind of stared at each other.  

“So the reason I came over here was to tell you something.”

“Okay.” I said.

“I haven’t told Laurent yet, but I’m –” The doorbell rang.

“I’m sorry. Excuse me.” I said getting up to answer the door. “Who is it!?” I screamed for the second time today.

“Laurent.”

It’s funny how he showed up a few minutes after Jerica. I let him in and told him to sit down.

“Wassup Jerica.” He said.

“Hey.” She said back.

“So Jerica, you were telling me something?” I said sitting back down.

“Umm, yeah. I was umm-uhh.” She kept stuttering and looking back and forth between Laurent and I.

“Youuu?” I said trying to get it out of her.

She turned to Laurent. “Laurent, I’ve been trying to figure out how to tell you this, but I’m pregnant.” She said.

Pregnant? She’s pregnant? Did I hear that right?

“You’re pregnant?" Laurent asked speaking what I was thinking.

“Yeah, I’m pregnant. We’re gonna have a baby.” Jerica said.

There was a moment of silence. “Congratulations.” I said.

“Thank you.” She said.

“Is that what you were going to tell me?” I asked.

“Yes.” She said.

Now why in the hell would she come to my house to tell me that she’s pregnant? Does that make any sense? I’m not the baby daddy, I didn’t impregnate her. What’s really going on? I was waiting on Laurent to say something but he didn’t. He was just sitting.

“Jerica can I talk to you alone really quick?” I asked.

“Of course.” She said. She stood up and followed me; we didn’t go far, just underneath the stair case.