Run

Cori POV

I woke up and realized that we were on a jet. An all too familiar jet. I looked around and didn’t see anyone so I called out for my mom. “Mom!” No answer.

“Ma!” I called out again. Still nothing.

Now I might be 17, but this is some scary stuff. Imagine an anonymous person threatening to kill you and your family. You go to sleep in a car and wake up in a jet alone.

“Kelan!” I cried out. Still nothing. My breathing started to get hitched and it felt like all my senses were slowly fading away. I sat back down in the seat and counted to 10...and then I heard footsteps.

“Come on princess. We gotta keep it moving.” I heard. I relaxed a little when I realized it was my dad.

I quickly stood up. “Where did you come from?” I asked him.

“I landed a few minutes before you guys did.”

“Where are they at?”

“Inside.”

Oh, well that explains the empty jet.

“Come on. We gotta make this quick.” He said turning and walking back off the jet. I quickly followed him.

“Make what quick?” I asked once we entered the building. It looked like a hotel, only it had pictures of my mom and dad everywhere.

“Where are we?” I asked.

“We are in Paris.”

I slept all the way to Paris? “Where in Paris? What is this place?”

“This is our home. We weren’t planning on coming out here until Bey decided she wanted to retire from to music industry.”

“Oh wow. But where is she?”

“I don’t know, look around and see if you can find her. This is only a pit stop. 45 minutes max, I’m just looking for something. When I found it we’re leaving again.” My dad said. He picked up a black bag and slung it over his shoulder. I didn’t bother asking what he was doing.

I walked around the house and looked for my mom. After a few minutes I gave up and started looking for the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen I went straight to the refrigerator. “Yes! Food!” I practically screamed.

“Stop yelling.” I heard my mom calmly say.

I slightly jumped.

“Where did you even come from?” I asked turning back to her.

“My room. I had to take a shower.”

“Oh..” I said.

“Give me them grapes.” She said.

I slid the bag to her. “Where are Kelan and Blue?”

“Somewhere in here. I told them to come back down in 30 minutes. We’re leaving soon.”

“Oh yeah, dad did tell me that. What is he looking for?”

She shifted her eyes twice quickly. “Uhm, I don’t know sweetie.”

“Ma.”

“I don’t know.” She said firmly.

“Did he find out where the messages were coming from?”

“Mhumm.”

“Really!? Where?”

“This house.”