Happy Birthday (Part 3: Party and Dinner)

Cori POV

“You having fun?” Kelan asked me over the loud music.

“Yeah!” I said back. This party was to turnt.

“Can I talk to you for a sec?” He asked. I hate when people ask me that question, it’s never a good thing.

“Uhh, yeah sure.” I said. “I’ll be right back.” I told Danielle before I walked off. She nodded her head.  Kelan grabbed my hand and guided us to a table near the back of the club where it was quieter.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I need to ask you a question.”

“Ok. Shoot.” I said.

“I like you. I really really like you and I want you to be my girl.” He said.

“That wasn’t a question.” I said.

“I’m getting there. Be patient.”

I laughed at him and took both of his hands in mine. “I’m listening.” I said.

“I want you to be my girlfriend Cori.” He said.

“Ok.” I said.

“Ok? Is that a yes?” He asked.

“No. That was me acknowledging your statement. If you want me you gotta ask me.”

“Cori Caitlyn Carter, will you please do me the honor of being my girlfriend?” He finally said.

“Maybe.” I said.

“Cori stop playing.” He said pouting. He’s so cute.

“I’ll let you know before the night is over, I promise.” I said.

“Cori.”

“Be patient.” I told him. I kissed him on the cheek and stood up. I stood right in front of him and stuck put both of my hands. He grabbed them and I pulled him up. “You really gone make me wait huh.” He said.

“Just a few more hours.” I said. He laughed and pulled me into a hug. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I let go of Kelan and Laurent was standing there.

“What?” I said kind of harshly.

“I need to talk to you.” He said.

I stared at him for a minute then spoke. “Kelan, can you give us a minute?”

He nodded and left us alone. I took a sat back down on the chair and Laurent did the same. “Do I still have your permission to propose to Jerica?” He asked.

“Seriously?” I said back.

“Yes seriously.”

“You’re asking me permission to propose to your girlfriend? Again? I told you it was fine.” I said nonchalantly.

“I just thought that –”

“You thought that since we had sex I would change my mind. You thought that I would beg you not to propose to her. You thought I would tell you that I love you. You thought I would –”

“Do you?”

“Do I what?”

“Do you think all of those things? Because I know I do.”

“I think that you should move on with your life. I think we should both forget that it happened. I think you should propose to Jerica and be happy with her. She’s a nice person. It was wrong of us to do that to her.”