Dangerously In Love

Cori POV

It’s now the second week in October. My birthday is 5 days away turn up. I’m about to be 17! For once I can actually say it has been very peaceful. My grades are good, my parents are happy, I’m happy. Everything is perfect. Laurent and I have been hanging out more and more lately. We’ve even showed a little bit of PDA but Jerica doesn’t seem to mind it at all; she’s pretty chilled about it, mainly because I’m 16. There is no way I can compete with a 24 year old.

“Dad, Laurent is taking Danielle and I to the mall after school today.” I said.

“Are you asking or telling me?”

“Asking.”

“You can go. Just be back by midnight.”

“Yes sir.”

“Is Jerica going?”

“Uhh, she might. I wouldn’t be surprised.” I said.

“Alright. Just keep in mind that they are dating.” He said.

“I know.” I said.

“Don’t be late for school.”

“I get to take the car today?”

“You can. I’ll just pick it up from your school later today so it won’t be left there overnight.”

“Yes! Thank you!” I said getting out of my chair. I grabbed my backpack and the key to my mom’s red Mercedes and left.

----------------------

For the first time in forever I wasn’t running in the school. I had about 10 minutes before the first bell rang. I cruised to my locker and to the classroom. When I got to the classroom someone was in my seat.

“Hey, you’re in my seat.” I said politely.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know, I’m new.” He said standing up.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m Cori. Nice to meet you.” I said sitting in my seat.

“Nice to meet you Cori. I’m single.” He said sticking out his hand. I laughed and shook it.

“Nice one.” I said.

“I saw my shot and I took it.” He said still standing.

“Can you sit down?” I asked him.

He sat down right next to me. “Not there. My best friend sits there.” I said.

“So where can I sit to be next to you?” He said.

“Look at you. You’re on a roll.” I said.

He chuckled a bit.

“You can sit in front of me.” I said.

“Ight.” He said. He slid his backpack to the seat in front of me and sat down. He turned around and looked at me.

“Yes?” I asked.

“What? I’m not allowed to look at you?” He asked.

“Not if you’re a stranger.” I said.

“I’m not a stranger. We’ve been talking since you walked in the room.”

“A good two minutes. And I don’t even know your name.”

“It’s been three minutes and it’s Kelan.” He said.

“You have an accent.” I said.

“Nah, you have an accent.” He said.

“Do I?”