Chapter 13

"So are you ready for this afternoon? I'm thinking maybe after we get done studying, we can go out for pizza or something."

My stomach has been in knots all day. I couldn't focus in any of my classes because I'm so terrified of getting caught by my parents. What in the he** was I thinking? I can't stay after school! My parents would literally kill me.

"Yeah....about that, Lind-"

"Before you say anything, I just wanna tell you how happy I am that you're hanging out with me today. I just really want someone to talk to other than my family. My brother doesn't exactly help me and my mom is too busy to talk to me. My dad spends so much time watching sports that he doesn't even have dinner with us. Calum seems to think our dad is betting on the games. I thought it was a ridiculous idea at first but now it's making sense. We've been low on money and he can't take his eyes off of a game for a second. I'm glad I have a girlfriend like you to talk to." She smiled, giving me a small hug.

Well how am I supposed to tell her I can't come now? That's the thing, I won't be able to.

"Can we just like order the pizza ten minutes before we leave and eat it on the way to my house? I don't wanna spend too much time away from home. My parents are already gonna be pissed about this." I asked, practically begging her to say yes.

"Yeah that's fine. My brother has baseball practice after school so whenever we get done, we can just go to the baseball field and meet up with Calum so he can give us a ride home." She stated, taking a seat at our regular lunch table.

I nodded my head in compliance, taking a small bite out of my apple. This has been such a long day. I feel like it's been dragging on for as long as it can. Every minute feels like an hour.

"Ladies, do you mind if we join you today? We want new people to talk to. Those stuck up girls and conceited guys are getting boring and annoying." Grayson asked, already taking a seat without waiting for our permission.

"Of course we dont mind! You can sit with us for the rest of the school year, if you want. We could use the company." Lindsey smiled, turning red in the cheeks from the way Grayson was looking at her.

"We might just take you up on that offer." Calum agreed, taking a sip of his tea.

The guys started talking about the worst players on their team. Going from the worst pitcher to the worst catcher. I don't really know much about the sport, but I know enough to figure out what they were talking about. Lindsey on the other hand, knows quite a bit about baseball. Seeing as her brother is the captain and her dad is a sports fanatic. Every chance she gets, she goes to a game; cheering on her brother and crush. I encouraged her to join the softball team but she said she didn't want to spend her senior year practicing and playing games. She wanted to spend it with her friends. I understand where she's coming from, but I strongly believe in chasing after your dreams. Even though she will never admit to it, she would absolutely love to play on a softball team. Whether it be for a high school, college, or pro team, just playing would be enough for her.

"Hey Chloe, how long out of town do you live? I've never been to your house before so I need to tell my parents how long it's gonna be before we get home." Calum questioned, smirking at some girl that passed our table.

"About five minutes." I replied.

Although Calum is a ladies man and likes to party, he has a close relationship with his parents. He tells them whatever they want to know so they will trust him enough to make the right decisions. It backfires on them every once in a while, but we're teenagers. We're bound to make a few mistakes before we grow up to be mature adults. Mistakes make us stronger and weaker. They help us become who we are, sometimes ending in a bad way. We can't really control our mistakes. We can try to prevent them but thanks to Adam and Eve, we're gonna make mistakes whether we like it or not. There's nothing we can do about it but beg for forgiveness and move on with our lives.