Chapter 23

Sh**.

That's the only word I can think of right now. I'm so freakin screwed. Hayden just had to be a tough guy and try to protect me. He should know by now that it's impossible to get me away from here. It pisses me off that he says he's jusy trying to protect me but he doesn't realize he's makin the situation worse. I wish he would get his head out of the clouds and give up on whatever he's attempting to achieve. My life will forever be a living nightmare. He's just wasting his time.

After I knew he was gone, I ran to the front of the house. Maybe I can convince the a**hole to not call the man that ruins my life. As I turned the corner, I couldn't help but laugh at the oh so strong and powerful man whining about his little fellow being kicked. Before he got the chance to get off the ground, I walked up to him. He looked up at me with anger covering his face. I cleared my throat and helped him up. The grip he had on my hand hurt worse then one of my dads slaps. Yeah. It was that bad. I winced and tried to pull away. He just smirked at me and pushed me into the side of my house. I shoved the pain to the side and decided it was time to talk to the douche bag.

"Hi. Um...I know you just met my friend and I know he kind of....hurt you but can you please not call my parents? They will kill me." I asked, hoping for a kind smile and a nod.

Of course that wasn't going to happen.

"Who do you think I am? Why in the he** would I not tell your dad? He's my boss. The only source of money I get is from him. Now leave me the he** alone you ugly a** whore!!" He shouted, wrapping his large hand around my neck.

With everything I had, I whispered: "I'll do anything."

This stopped him. He let go of my neck, making me start gasping for air. He gave me an evil smirk, causing my hair to rise. What is he going to do?

"Anything?" He asked, licking his lips.

"Anything." I replied.

He placed one hand above me and the other on my waist. He gave it a tight squeeze and dug his fingers into my skin. I winced in pain but just let him continue whatever he was doing. At least I'll be able to live a little bit longer. I felt a pair of rough lips travel down my neck and to my collarbone. I wanted to scream at him to stop but I knew that wasn't an option right now. I had to let him do this. He shoved my shirt up to my boobs and placed his hand on my stomach, touching me in ways that made me feel sick. He started kissing my lips, demanding entrance. Knowing I didn't have a choice, I let him in. His tongue was exploring my mouth, leaving me craving air. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. I was just standing there, letting him do whatever he wants to me. I felt his cold hand reach into my pants. A tear ran down my face, falling onto my chest. He pulled at my panties, trying to get me to pull them down.

"C-Can we go inside? I d-don't want people to see us and call the c-cops." I said, hoping he would listen to me.

He shoved the door open, taking me to the living room. He slung me onto the couch and roughly took of my pants and shirt, leaving me in nothing but my bra and panties. He smirked at me, examining my body from head to toe. I felt like I was going to throw up any minute but I knew I had to let this happen. He reached for the back of my bra, trying to take it off. In just a few short seconds, he ripped it off and threw it to the side. By now I'm full on crying, not holding back any tears. The only thing that was keeping me from screaming was the hope for a few more months to live. Just when he was about to pull off my panties, he stopped. I looked at him confused. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and that's when I realized he was hit in the back of the head with a shovel. I looked behind him and saw Hayden standing there, an emotion swimming in his eyes I've never seen before. Honestly, it scared the sh** out of me.

"Chloe!! Are you okay?!? What in the he** was he doing?!?" He exclaimed, handing me my clothes.

I think he knew the answer to that.

"He was....uh....well...."

"Why were you just letting him do that to you?" He asked in a softer tone.

"He said if I did, he wouldn't call my dad. I was trying to save my life and yours Hayden. You should be thanking me." I stated, getting dressed, wiping away my falling tears.

"Thanking you?!?!? I shouldn't be thanking you!! I would rather die then let you get raped!!! Don't ever do that Chloe!!" He shouted, wrapping his arms around me.

Even though I know he won't touch me like that guy did, I still felt terrified of being raped. He noticed my discomfort and immediately let go of me.

"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have done that." He apologized.

"No it's okay. I know you were just trying to comfort me and I appreciate that." I stated, giving him the best smile I could manage right now.

"Not just that. I shouldn't have left you. I could have stopped it way before it got that far. I'm such an idiot. I'm so da** sorry Chloe." He said, putting his head in his hands.

"Don't worry about it Hayden. I'm fine now. That's all that matters. You saved me."

Shouldn't I be the one being comforted right now?

"No it's not okay. I'm the one that got you in this mess. I'm such a freakin idiot."

Instead of replying, I just gave him a small hug and a kiss on the cheek. He looked at me and smiled. That smile alone is enough to send me melting into a puddle of nerves. He returned the hug and took something out of his pocket. I looked down and noticed a small white pill in the palm of his hand.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's a pill to make you forget everything that happened over the last 24 hours. Don't ask how I got it. Just help me open his mouth and shove the pill down his throat."

I done as he said. I held open his mouth as Hayden threw the pill in. With all of our strength, we pulled him back in front of the house. Hayden said he should wake up in a few hours so we should do everything we need to while we have the time. If Hayden hadn't have came back, I would have been raped by one of my dads workers. My stomach churned at the sickening though. I've never been raped before but when I was smaller, my dad used to touch me inappropriately when he thought I was asleep. I never confronted him about it because I was too afraid. It eventually stopped but it has scared me for life.

Hayden once again engulfed me in his strong arms. I didn't protest. I just laid my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. I found the sound very relaxing. It calmed my shaking body quickly, making me smile. We sat on the couch in complete silence, the only sound being us breathing. In this moment, I felt like everything was okay. My life has changed ever since Hayden stepped into it. I used to think he was making it worse.

Now,

I'm not so sure.

(A/N I'm so sorry for the late update! I've just been so busy and there's some stuff goin on with my family right now. I hope you understand! Did you like this chapter? If so, feel free to vote and comment! If you love the book, please follow me! I might follow you back. Love you guys! :D Btw, some sh** goes down in the next chapter.)