Chapter 36

"Babe, we need to go back to my house for a minute. That way the 'guards' think I'm there."

"Okay. As long as I get to spend the night with you." He smiled, pecking my lips.

"Of course."

We got in his car and sped off to the digusting house I'm forced to call home. On the ride there, I caught him staring at me a few times. When I would ask him about it, he would just smile at me and turn away. It was so adorable. Hayden is so imperfectly perfect and I'm so dang happy he's in my life. That text message changed everything for me. I've never been so grateful for technology until now.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, placing his right hand on my thigh.

"Oh..Uh...Nothing really; just how much my life has changed since you sent that message." I replied, smiling at him.

"It's crazy how that message was meant for my girlfriend at the time. I never would have thought it would lead me to this."

"To what?"

"To you. The girl that's changed me into a better person. The girl that's so amazing and beautiful. To the girl that stole my heart." He smiled, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

Instead, I turned my head, causing our lips to crash into each other. It didn't last long though, since he's driving.

"Sneaky girl." He grinned, turning his attention back to the road.

"You know you love it." I joked, smirking at him.

"I sure do."

I know he was just saying that he loves me being sneaky but it still made my heart leap out of my chest. I just smiled at him and looked out of the window, seeing familiar houses.

"Park up here by that brick house. They don't need to see you." I ordered, pointing to a large, red brick house.

He did as I instructed, parking near the sidewalk. I hopped out, giving Hayden a quick kiss before I started walking. The men are probably on every corner of this neighborhood. I'm not too worried about them though. I mean, they usually don't hit me. One of them attempted to rape me, but our dog bit his leg and chased him around. That was ages ago.

I walked quietly into the house, trying my hardest not to make any noise. Even if I don't think they will, I still don't want to risk them coming in here and 'giving me the punishment my parents aren't able to give'. That's what they usually say when they abuse me.

I went into my room and grabbed my cell phone charger, my toothbrush, clean underwear, and my notebook. Who knows, I may not be able to fall asleep and need to write a bit. But I swear, if Hayden even looks at it wrong, I'm gonna kill him. I don't want him to see my stories. Not just because they're private, more of me being terrified of what another person would think of them. Some people may find it depressing and dark while others view them as me trying to give light to those stuck in the horrible world they live in. Honestly, I write them to get my mind off of things. I write not only stories about abuse, but also stories of how the characters are happy and following their dreams. It's really just my way of escape. I do it so I don't lose control over my well-being and go crazy. Yes, I would absolutely love to get a book published one day, but not the ones I've been writing since I was a kid. They're too personal.

I peeked around the corner, making sure they weren't watching me. After I knew it was clear, I sprinted out of the back door, dashing for Haydens car. As I neared his vehicle, I realized he was talkin on the phone. I slowly opened the door, trying not to make much noise.

"Yeah... I know. I hate that it's like this. That's why we need to stop it before someone ends up dead or in the hospital." He sighed, not noticing my presence.