Chapter 16

My mom has been coming into my room randomly, throwing anything and everything at me. I don't know why she's so mad that I saved her life. She should be thanking me, not hurting me. But my parents don't care about me. I shouldn't expect anything, especially being treated nicely. I'm not really afraid of my punishment anymore. I feel like I have nothing to live for so some horrible punishment isn't gonna faze me. If he killed me, I wouldn't mind. I know I've said killing myself won't solve anything but right now, I feel like killing myself or being murdered is the only way out of this wicked world. I have no friends besides Lindsey and she could make it without me, I have no parents-well none worthy of being called parents-, I'm not gonna be able to chase after my dreams, and me being gone won't affect anyone. My parents sure as he** won't care. They'd probably even throw a party. I've been locked up in my bedroom all day, crying nonstop. I hate these execrable thoughts running through my head constantly. It's causing my whole body to ache in pain and shake uncontrollably. My face is stale from the falling tears starting to dry. My cries are silent though, because if my mom heard me she would most likely knock me out. Actually, being knocked out right now doesn't sound too bad. At least then I wouldn't have to be thinking about all of the sh**y things in my life. I just want someone to talk to about all of my problems. Like about my parents and the thoughts I have. I can't tell anyone and that hurts. I don't just want someone to talk to, I need someone to talk to. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to go on like this. I'm miserable. Thankfully, my phone ringing pulled me out of my horrendous thoughts. His name was flashing on the screen. Why in the world would he be calling me? Instead of taking forever and over thinking my decision, I answered.

"What do you want, Hayden??"

"Meet me at the park in ten minutes."

There is no way in he** I'm gonna be able to do that. He knows I have controlling parents so why would he even suggest such a terrible idea?

"Uhh....yeah....that's not gonna happen." I replied, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"Just sneak out. Quit being a chicken, Adams. Just do it. You know you want to."

He's right about that. I do want to more than anything. I could use a distraction right now.

"I....I can't Hayden. My mom would literally kill me if she came in my room and I was gone. And besides, you have a girlfriend. What would she think about a girl sneaking out to see you?"

Why would I even ask that? Of course he doesn't care about what his girlfriend thinks. He's a player. A heartbreaker.

"What? I don't care about what my girlfriend has to say about this, Adams. It's none of her da** business."

"No. I can't.  I'm sorry." I stated, starting to end the call but what he said next stopped me.

"Fine. I'm coming to your house. Leave a window open or something. Text me your address. There's nothing you can say or do that's gonna stop me. Just deal with it Adams."

And than he ended the call. Oh sh**!!! He's coming to my house. Oh my gosh! No one has ever been to my house before and now that someone finally is, it's him. Why couldn't it have been Lindsey? Why that stupid jerk? And to top it off, my dad is coming home tonight. If he sees Hayden, I'm not the only one dying tonight. This is a bad idea. He can't come over. He just can't.

So I sent him a message, letting him know this was a bad idea.

To: A**hole

'You can't come over Hayden. It's not gonna end well if you do. If my mom sees you, it's gonna be like he**, but if my dad sees you, now that's a different story. You won't make it home. Please, don't come over.'