Chapter 2

At home that evening, Jade was trying not to roll her eyes while listening to Jesy talk about how great her day had been.

"Yeah so all the boys were sure that he would beat me but then I just got a surge of power in my arm and boom! I pinned his arm down like it was nothing!" Jesy was doing the motions which indicated an arm wrestling match.

"Woow. She's so strong." Said their mother as she and their father clapped fondly.

"We should really sign Jesy up for the Olympics shouldn't we Jan?" Their father Norman asked. He made his wife laugh and so did Jesy.

Jade shook her head. "Dad there are no arm wrestling Olympic games." Sometimes everyone at this house acted really silly to her.

"Oh yeah and Jade was sad today. That was the only downside." Jesy said as she picked at her food. She only liked dinner when they ate what she called 'fun foods'. Stuff like this just gave her extra work to do as she had to separate the things she would try to eat from those she knew she would not put near her mouth. "Tell Mum and Dad why you were sad today Jadey." Jesy put some potatoes in her mouth.

Jade growled internally.

"Aww our little Jadey was sad?" Asked their mother. Her name was Janice. At a certain point she had worked as a nurse in the hospital but after her husband's company blew up and started making plenty of money she quit because just what he was making was enough to sustain their family. So now she stayed at home and prepared food and snacks for the kids as well as participate in charity events. Their house was always very well put together these days because of her. "Why were you sad today hun?"

Jade whipped her head in Jesy's direction before facing their curious parents. "I really wasn't sad at all. It might have looked that way but it really was not the case. Jesy here just likes assuming things."

Jesy shrugged. "Hope you're not lying."

Jade wanted to strangle her. "You know . . ." She suddenly smiled at their parents. "Today I got back a couple of test papers." She looked at Jesy while standing to go to her bag.

Jesy cringed. "Ugh I got some back too."

And of course I'm certain that you did poorly compared to me. Hehehehe. Jade was at her bag now, pulling her papers out. "Look Mammy, look Daddy. Didn't I do well?" She asked batting her lashes at them while showing them her grades.

"You sure did Jadey. Look at that. Straight perfect scores." Said Norman. He and his wife paged through her tests and were proud as they saw all of the ticks.

Jade smiled at their applause as she sat back next to her sister. Jesy also seemed happy for her.

"Way to being the smart one in the family Jadey. Wish I had your brains." Jesy scratched behind her ear as she thought about her own grades. "I don't think you guys would want to see how I did now that you've had a glimpse at Jade's doing." Sports is more my thing anyway. And I'm sure that being a professional footballer will make me way more money than becoming an accountant or some shit like that. Or maybe she should be a dancer.

"Aw Jesy it's okay to show us." Janice said sweetly to her daughter.

"Yes if the results aren't favourable then it just means that you've got to work harder kiddo." Said their dad. Their parents were really good and encouraging people. Everyone who came in contact with them only had nice things to say and their wonderful family was envied by a lot of people. Both their girls were into dance, both doing hip hop and ballet. One of their girls was a prodigy at all sports while the other had brains to kill and of course they were well off financially. Things were quite good for them and they were able to take a family trip every summer. The parents just wanted their kids to have a lovely childhood.