Chapter 12

Mr. Pinnock was watching his daughters play fetch with their dogs in the yard. He was sitting on the porch with a cigarette in his mouth. "That's right girls. Have fun with your pets." He said happily. He had been trying to stop smoking all week but realized that it made no sense. Not like it's killing me. I've been on this since I was thirteen. Ha! As far as he was concerned he didn't even look like a smoker.

Sairah screamed as her dad's bull dog chased her down. "Sian help!"

Sian laughed at her while she bounced her own dog in her arms. "You shouldn't have untied him if you knew you were scared." Their mother was inside preparing dinner. She had been with them earlier.

Just then a fancy looking car stopped in front of their house.

Everyone stopped what they were doing for a little while to stare.

Mr. Pinnock sat forward. "Eh?" Who was that and what were they doing in front of his house?

One of the doors opened and they saw Leigh-Anne step out. The front door opened after and a man came out too. The man looked around before he walked alongside her to the little front gate.

Sairah and the bull dog were both staring. "Oh wait!" She now realized who that guy was. "Must be Jesy's dad." She waved her hand. "Hi Mr. Thirlwall! I see you brought her home for us!" She jogged up to him and her sister.

Mr. Thirlwall stood up in the yard and looked around. Reminds me of a barn of some sort. He didn't think that places could look this way in London. It did not seem so bad though. Wait! He made out that edgy young lady. Oh she's waving at me. He waved back and tried to smile. The girl was wearing tiny jeans short-shorts and a tank top. He guessed that she did not look as intimidating like that. There was another young woman close by her. That girl dressed with her skin covered more. A jeans and t-shirt. Hmm okay, okay . . . His eyes went to the porch and he saw a man sitting there with a cigarette in his mouth! Aha! She lied about that. Where was the mother?

Leigh-Anne walked into the yard quickly with her head down and ran up the stairs to the porch. She went inside without a word to anyone after that. The door was already open.

Sian was confused by her behaviour. "Uhhh . . . Did everything go okay?" She asked the man who seemed somewhat afraid to get more into their yard.

Mr. Thirlwall breathed out. "Yeah uh . . . she and Jesy just got into a bit of trouble with me."

Mr. Pinnock wondered if he should get up from his resting spot to ask the guy some questions. Well he's here in my yard so I guess I should. He groaned and then got up tiredly. "I'm too old for this shit." He proceeded to walk out of the porch. "Oy! Thirlwall! Why'd you bring her back so early?" He was smiling as he got closer.

Mr. Thirlwall looked at the cigarette in the other man's hand and tried not to turn up his nose. In front of his own children. "It's not early Mr. Pinnock. It's nearly evening."

"Is it? Ha ha. You're right. I can never keep track of time." Mr. Pinnock looked up at the sky. "Yeah it's getting a bit darker."

"I brought her home because she got into a bit of trouble. She and Jesy." Mr. Thirlwall said.

Jesy was looking at this through the window. "I wanna go out but I'm scared of the grown-up talk and the dogs." There were a lot of dogs running around. They actually looked sort of cute.

Jade was looking too and so was Perrie.

"Her house is so little and her yard makes it seem as if it's a farm she lives on." Perrie commented with Jesy's lollipop in her mouth.