Chapter 25

The whole school was going on and on about how cute 'Lerrie' was.

"I thought Perrie didn't like her!"

"I know right? This is crazy."

"No but they're cute."

"I ship them. This sismance is everything."

"They really skipped together just to hang out? Adorable."

As Jesy's friends Ray Ray and Yoongi entered, these were all the things they were hearing.

"Wow. So everyone knows already?" Ray Ray whistled low while holding one strap of his bag. He and Yoongi were moving to class together. They lived around the same area so they had arranged for only one of them to drive the other to school. Ray Ray drove Yoongi since the guy liked to sleep on the way here.

"These things spread like wild fire. Plus, she posted it on her Instagram. Of course they know." Yoongi was still having trouble piecing the story together. Didn't Perrie dislike Leigh-Anne? Why did she do this? Maybe she, Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne used to be friends but at some point Perrie had a falling out with her so that was why she had hated her? He did not have enough information to write a proper story for them and Jesy was giving him nothing. I'll bring up the bracelet today. Leigh and Jesy were most likely the closest.

"I wonder what this means . . ." Ray said as they stood by the door to their class. He could hear some kids inside trying to solve the mystery of the new girl and the others from where he stood. That was all everyone did these days.

Yoongi looked at him blandly. "What what means? What the terribly constructed stories about Jesy and the new girl from everyone says about our school's intellect? Believe me it says a lot. And what it is saying is not anything good."

Ray shook his head. "Not that." He rubbed his chin. "What all of Perrie's close and intimate posts with Leigh-Anne mean." He appeared thoughtful.

Yoongi shrugged. "Um . . . they're close friends suddenly?"

"Hmm . . ." Ray Ray remembered a short video on Perrie's IG story of the girl nuzzling a giggling Leigh's cheek. "I don't know . . . seems a little more than that."

Yoongi's eyes grew wide. "Like . . ."

Ray looked at him and nodded with that same thoughtful look on.

And now there was a twist. Yoongi held his chin and stood to think.

Ray never understood why Yoongi did this sometimes. He thinks about things too deeply. Who cares? "Come on man let's go inside."

Yoongi stopped to look at him. He eventually complied and followed him in. He has a point . . . The dots were connecting to make a more coherent story now. But I won't let anyone know what I'm thinking . . . for now.

___________

"No you're drawing attention to us! Stoop! Ahh hahahaha!" Leigh was screaming on Perrie's back.

"That's the whole point. I want everyone to know that we're besties! Hear that?? I'm her protector so f*ck off!" Perrie spun around with Leigh on her.

Leigh squealed and laughed. She had come walking up to the school after her mom dropped her off like always but this time she had gotten swept off her feet on her way to the building. Perrie had ended up carrying her up to the entrance bridal style until she told Leigh to hop on her back. Leigh had not wanted to but Perrie had somehow gotten her to do it.

Perrie laughed when she heard Leigh giggling into her neck. Woosh! That made her feel like falling. It felt good. "Having fun up there?"

Leigh-Anne laughed more. "Yeah. I like being carried." She had found that out a long time ago. "I still don't get how you're so strong though. I weigh more than you do." They were approaching her locker. Just as she thought, everyone was staring.