Chapter 14

At school the next day Perrie was talking to a group of kids about how badass she was since she could get to Leigh easily.

". . . and I'm only in year four. Ha. Don't mess with me." Perrie said confidently with Jimin at her side. Her classmates were obsessed with her because of how close she was to Jesy and the feud she had with Leigh. She had used her power to demand that they respect Jimin so her friend was no longer being bullied.

"But one day they might be friends." Jimin added.

Perrie shushed him. "So if any big kids are messing with yous you could just come my way." She winked.

The other students exchanged excited look and expressed how cool Perrie was.

Jade entered then.

"Oh look there she is." Perrie smiled in the direction of Jade. "Hi Jade!" She waved her hand.

Jimin got up from Jade's seat and sat on the desk behind Perrie. Jade looks kind of angry. "Everything alright?"

Jade set her bag down and then sat next to Perrie heavily. She saw all the kids around and told them to move.

"But we were having a conversation." One girl said.

"I don't care. Move!" Jade shooed them off and watched them scatter.

Perrie had never seen Jade this upset. "Uhhh . . . are you constipated?"

Jade glared at her after unpacking what she needed to. "No. Do I look that way to you?"

Jimin gulped. "No?"

Jade glared at him next before letting her shoulders fall. "Perrie give me Leigh-Anne's book." She wanted to get that out of the way first.

Perrie pouted. "What? I'm not done reading it yet."

"I don't care. Leigh wants to finish it. She'd said that she'd lend it to you after. Give it here." Jade demanded.

Perrie pouted. "I don't have it. It's at me home."

Jade growled. "Why did you leave it at home?"

Perrie got angry back. Why did Jade care about Leigh-Anne so much? "Because I wanted to." She stuck her tongue out. "Why are you so grumpy today huh? Did your mam pinch you too?"

Jade narrowed her eyes. "I'm mad at you."

Perrie's chest hurt. "Why?"

"Because you went and told every bloody person at school about what Leigh's mam did! That was supposed to be a secret. I told you so you could keep it secret too. Since you went and let the whole school know and got Leigh in more trouble, Jesy won't let me read their texts anymore. That means that I'm practically not allowed in her room since she's always texting Leigh." She sounded sad now. "You ruined everything."

Perrie felt hurt. "How does what I did even relate to you?"

"I just explained it." Jade got a book out to read. "So today I won't speak to you."

Perrie clenched her fists. She looked to Jimin and saw him shrug. She then grabbed Jade's book. "You've got a big ole crush on Leigh-Anne don't you Jade?" She whispered angrily.

Jade's entire face heated as she turned to look at Perrie. "Eh? Wha . . . n-no I don't! How dare you ask me that?! I'm not like all of you." She grabbed her book back.

Perrie had her eyes narrowed. "It's pretty damn obvious."

Jade's eyes widened at the swear word. "No."

Perrie nodded.

Jade growled. "Think what you want. I don't like anybody that way." She set her eyes on her book. Hmm maybe I should hand this over to Leigh-Anne today. She'd probably appreciate it.